[ICS][4.0.4][4/2] Official IMM76K Update Thread for the VZW GNex

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ICS][4.0.4] Official IMM76K Update Thread for the VZW GNex

I'm so confused. I'm unlocked and rooted, running IMM30B. Is there any way for me to upgrade to IMM76K without losing everything on my phone?

In theory, you can take your phone back to ICL53F completely--radios and all. From there you should be ok.

I suggest checking out the guides to see how to do that. Worst comes to worst, however, you may have to start from ground zero.

Reactions: nothinbutnexus

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm so confused. I'm unlocked and rooted, running IMM30B. Is there any way for me to upgrade to IMM76K without losing everything on my phone?

there will probably be a rooted deodexed version of the update to flash within a day or two that won't require you to roll back to 4.02.

Reactions: nothinbutnexus

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

there will probably be a rooted deodexed version of the update to flash within a day or two that won't require you to roll back to 4.02.

Yup. Not to mention most major roms will probably have builds out based on it within 1-3 days.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Got it to finish finally and it went to the android laying down wiht the red triangle. Not sure what I did wrong or how to proceed now lol

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Got it to finish finally and it went to the android laying down wiht the red triangle. Not sure what I did wrong or how to proceed now lol

umm use the volume keys to navigate to power down (select power off with power key).

unplug after it turns off, then turn it back on and chekc settings>about phone to see if the update took.

Don Veneziano

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I need some help...

So yesterday i received my nexus and unlocked and rooted. I then used rootkeeper to backup root. I just flashed the 4.0.4 and everything went fine. Now i just tried to restore root with rootkeeper and it said its worked and device rooted (Su in app drawer as well) but ive tried using two apps that say they cant gain root access. So i then tired to reroot using Wugs Toolkit and still cant get root access. Whats going on!?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I need some help...

So yesterday i received my nexus and unlocked and rooted. I then used rootkeeper to backup root. I just flashed the 4.0.4 and everything went fine. Now i just tried to restore root with rootkeeper and it said its worked and device rooted (Su in app drawer as well) but ive tried using two apps that say they cant gain root access. So i then tired to reroot using Wugs Toolkit and still cant get root access. Whats going on!?

Go into CWM. Flash the NEW SU.zip. It's linked in the OP. You should be fine. Then update the binary.

Don Veneziano

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

EDIT!
How do i update the binary...im sure i know but drawing a blank for some reason lol

Nevermind i flashed the NEW Su and i got ROOT again!! thanks!

Last edited:

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

How do i update the binary...im sure i know but drawing a blank for some reason lol

After you flash the new superuser zip, open up the superuser app and update the binary in there.

if that doesnt work you might need a new version of busybox. (market)

Reactions: Don Veneziano

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

Great job. Thanks for the help and guidance. The update went smoothly, and root was quickly restored with OTA Rootkeeper.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

That new SU.zip = rosetta stone for 4.0.4

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

was definitely fast. :)

personally, i will just wait for the changes to be incorporated into something better.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Woot got it done. Now im on 4.0.4 and didnt have to unlock my bootloader and such. The issue was if you copied and pasted the command line it put a double " instead of two singles.

Reactions: KillerQ

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Great, thanks for sharing that so if other users follow the same path they know. I appreciate it!

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

In theory, you can take your phone back to ICL53F completely--radios and all. From there you should be ok.

I suggest checking out the guides to see how to do that. Worst comes to worst, however, you may have to start from ground zero.
I went back to ICL53F before flashing and lost everything lol thank god I backed it all up.:D

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Np at least it works. Its really not too bad to do especially when you know what youre doing. Had I know from the start it would have taken me 10min lol.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I went back to ICL53F before flashing and lost everything lol thank god I backed it all up.:D

You can now flash the deodexed one that zero linked to without having to go through this process; it's like any other rom at this point :D.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non