nfc on battery

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
is there any way to tell if a battery has nfc chip in it by just looking at something on the phone? i bought a battery that looks authentic from someone on ebay but i want to make sure when i get it that it has the nfc chip. can i just go into some settings or some app that will let me know if it's there? or do i actually have to try and use it with google wallet? thanks.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
is there any way to tell if a battery has nfc chip in it by just looking at something on the phone? i bought a battery that looks authentic from someone on ebay but i want to make sure when i get it that it has the nfc chip. can i just go into some settings or some app that will let me know if it's there? or do i actually have to try and use it with google wallet? thanks.

It should have something about it printed on one of the sides of the battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes some where in clear type it should say "Near Field Communication" on it. If it doesn't it is highly unlikely to have it since it is a selling feature with no reason to hide the fact.

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to feel/see the chip right on the front of your battery. It's a little square piece. ;)

sent from a Android device :)
I'm always on!

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
well anyone can fake a label on the battery so i'm not trusting the printed label. i just want to make sure i'm not being passed a chinese forgery or something.

what does the chip look like? it's not that barcode looking thing on the lower right side is it?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
well anyone can fake a label on the battery so i'm not trusting the printed label. i just want to make sure i'm not being passed a chinese forgery or something.

what does the chip look like? it's not that barcode looking thing on the lower right side is it?

The NFC chip is not in the battery ONLY the antenna.

If you really really need to figure it out before installation peel back the outer label and there should be a 1/4 inch wide stripe of copper going along the outer edge of the battery if it has the NFC this is the antenna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwMaGK3jGIg

Video might help. I can't find the one I saw breaking down an old stock battery with NFC will post it when I find it.

Last edited:

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
The NFC chip is not in the battery ONLY the antenna.

If you really really need to figure it out before installation peel back the outer label and there should be a 1/4 inch wide stripe of copper going along the outer edge of the battery if it has the NFC this is the antenna.

Cheap 'Genuine' Batteries Review For Samsung Galaxy Nexus - YouTube

Video might help. I can't find the one I saw breaking down an old stock battery with NFC will post it when I find it.

aha ok. thanks.