Flipboard .apk now available

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I want S Voice!! great find tho buddy. Thanks :D

No problem! The guy who extracted the .apk is working on getting S Voice out the gate soon, so hopefully that comes down the pipe soon.

Also, doesn't the iOS version of Flipboard let you put in your own feeds? I'm okay with the stock categories they have since I can use Pulse and Google Reader, but more customization is always welcome.

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I like how you can add your own feeds (facebook & twitter). It runs pretty good so far in my GN. WAY better than Currents.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I always use times like these to remind people how easy Chrome-to-Phone makes it to send apps to the phone automatically for immediate install. Just right-click the link, click Chrome-to-Phone (or Fox-to-Phone if you are using Firefox) and it will send the apk link directly to the phone and start downloading it. It will ask for install once downloaded. You just need the app on the phone and the extension/plug-in for the browser.

Reactions: madisonjar

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I always use times like these to remind people how easy Chrome-to-Phone makes it to send apps to the phone automatically for immediate install. Just right-click the link, click Chrome-to-Phone (or Fox-to-Phone if you are using Firefox) and it will send the apk link directly to the phone and start downloading it. It will ask for install once downloaded. You just need the app on the phone and the extension/plug-in for the browser.

Wow, I've been using Chrome to Phone since it was released and I never knew this! Thanks!

I'll download and install it just out of curiosity, but honestly, I seem to get buy great with Google Reader. It's fast and informative and easy to jump in and out of on both my PC and Galaxy Nexus.

I've tried currents but wasn't crazy about if, even on my Transformer Prime.

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I saw someone posted on another site that we can get the widgets by moving the app from the SD card to the phone memory from setting/apps. I don't see that option. Has anyone got the widgets?

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm disappointed with this app. The choices for feeds are very based. Probably as this isn't the full build but if this is what is going to be released to start, comparing to the version on my iPad, then I won't be using this app.

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I saw someone posted on another site that we can get the widgets by moving the app from the SD card to the phone memory from setting/apps. I don't see that option. Has anyone got the widgets?

The widgets are working perfectly for me.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Installed yesterday app seems to work fine and everything. So much for the Galaxy S3 exclusive.

I'm not sure if this would replace my current news reader of choice though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

I haven't used them, but I see them in my widgets tray. I didn't do anything with the app after I installed it.

And after checking the iOS version of Flipboard I can confirm that the Android version is far from feature complete. It's supposed to operate similarly to Pulse in that you can select feeds from a bunch of specific sources. Maybe it'll be updated when we get closer to the GSIII's launch.

EDIT: Wait, I'm a fool. There are tons of news feeds to choose from! This looks pretty close to what the iOS version has.

Last edited:

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I have never heard of this amazing app. Very flashy, wish you could put in your own sites like other readers. I really like it and its cool it can be grabbed from the gs3.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
App works perfect for me. Looks very nice on the GN.

To add a feed hit the search spy glass and do a search for your feed. I can add whatever feed I want ...

Reactions: trigun123478