No More NEXUS @ Coscto, stopped selling

LionKing30

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Just found out, COSTCO has stopped selling and pulled out all the nexus phones, due to high return volume and complaints...
thats pretty bad, I'm trying to exchange mine under warranty and they don't offer them anymore.
Heard the newer builtds don't have much of the earlier issues, mine was a bad Batch.
what to do... don't want to go to vzw directly for a refurbished, older one again.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Maybe something that's specific to Costcos in your area? I was just at Costco where I am and they had plenty of them ($180 upgrade price with rebate for extended battery).

LionKing30

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
the ones that have will sell through, only 1 out 6 I visited had only 3 left, and non of them would order for you or sell to you if you wanted to buy. unless you order online, which are limited qty, they all said, this phone had the worse returns ever... and don't want to deal with it anymore...

Reactions: Ry

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
the ones that have will sell through, only 1 out 6 I visited had only 3 left, and non of them would order for you or sell to you if you wanted to buy. unless you order online, which are limited qty, they all said, this phone had the worse returns ever... and don't want to deal with it anymore...

They told you that knowing you had purchased one and were trying to exchange it? Were you able to at least exchange it?

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
They told you that knowing you had purchased one and were trying to exchange it? Were you able to at least exchange it?

We had a big call center at my former employer, a big retailer. If a call center agent bad mouths any product it's likely to be their last day. All calls are recorded and often reviewed. I would expect that the same holds true for Costco. Either this is a troll post or the Costco agent is not a very good agent. Either way the reliability of this information is suspect.

gdubs2013

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Funny because when I went in to talk with the Verizon reps at my local store here in Kansas he said that the store has sold hundreds of them and only had one return because it was an old man who didnt know how to use the phone. He did mention that they had a few exchanges because they were broken but he said it was because of people rooting them and such. So it must just be an isolated incident with your local Costco or some guy who just didnt care, if any of that were true it would make headlines across the android community.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
We had a big call center at my former employer, a big retailer. If a call center agent bad mouths any product it's likely to be their last day. All calls are recorded and often reviewed. I would expect that the same holds true for Costco. Either this is a troll post or the Costco agent is not a very good agent. Either way the reliability of this information is suspect.

The mobile phone kiosks in Costco's are independently owned and not part of Costco. Least that it was the guy told me at my local Costco.

Funny because when I went in to talk with the Verizon reps at my local store here in Kansas he said that the store has sold hundreds of them and only had one return because it was an old man who didnt know how to use the phone. He did mention that they had a few exchanges because they were broken but he said it was because of people rooting them and such. So it must just be an isolated incident with your local Costco or some guy who just didnt care, if any of that were true it would make headlines across the android community.

I have three Verizon corporate stores close to my home and work that I frequent (have 6 verizon devices in my family) and all three of them badmouth the GN and flat out tell people not to get it because of the extremely high return rate. One of the stores actually said "that phone is giving Android a bad name".

As far as headlines...look around, you can go to any android forum and the GN forums have much more complaints than other high end phones that are out currently. Lots of articles written about issues with the GN as well. There has to be something to all the complaints that people have with the GN.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ry

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I have no experience with costco at all, none of them in my area. But I have noticed that both of the vzw stores in my city seem to have employees that bash the Galaxy Nexus.

One of my friends that purchased a GN after my recommendation was repeatedly told that she should get a Maxx instead. The salesmen sold her a GN, but he told her she wouldn't be happy with it. Turns out he was right and she did end up getting a Maxx a couple of weeks later. But at the time I was kind of shocked to hear about it.

One day when I was bored I went to the other VZW that is in our city and pretended to be interested in purchasing a GN. Sure enough the salesmen done everything in his power to convince me not to get a Nexus and he mentioned extremely high return rates of the GN and he also recommended that I get the Maxx instead.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure once Verizon rolls out 4.0.4, many concerns will be addressed.

Many of my friends also have the GNex and they love it. They just want more battery life.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
The two Best Buy's I went in to had nothing but good things to say about the GN. When I swapped mine for another one they said I was one of only a few that had issues with it. I'm going to stop into a Verizon corporate and see what they say.