Nexus won't stay on after powering up.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Last night, my phone fell on the floor. The battery cover came off and the battery fell out, then some drinks got spilled on it before I could pick it up. I dried them off separately, but slightly intoxicated as I was, I put them back together and put the phone in my pocket. I did not, to the best of my memory, try to turn it on at any point after that.

This morning I checked it over, then turned it on. The phone boots to the lockscreen, but then shuts off after one to three seconds. The "Powering off..." dialog does not display, but the phone does vibrate as if shutting down normally. It's behaving as though it reads a 0-1% charge remaining in the battery after booting up. I've confirmed this isn't the case; the battery is fully charged. The fact that I can navigate the bootloader/recovery without issue may support that the battery is being imporperly read only after Android boots up.

In the short time I can see the lockscreen, it shows a 100% charge on the battery. I'm running AOKP however, and have had issues with the phone mixing up battery readings before. It just seems to be a persistent issue now.

Any suggestions?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
You should have taken the battery out and put it in white rice and let the phone dry.

As I said, I was drunk. I didn't intend on having my phone with me. Perhaps "slightly intoxicated" was too much of an understatement.

Lumenii said:
I dried them off separately, but slightly intoxicated as I was, I put them back together and put the phone in my pocket.

I would say go to Verizon but...you know why

I purchased the phone at Best Buy. I have the Black Tie protection, which covers power surge damage and damage from spills on the phone. I just want to take a stab at fixing the issue before going through the good ol' Best Buy replacement routine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez