Why is this happening after charging?

nicksel

Feb 7, 2024
Visit site
I have the battery charging restricted to 80% on my S24 Ultra. The phone charges to 80%, then, almost immediately, after disconnecting the charger, it drops to 79. Why might that be happening?

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Nah, he's right. It stops filling up right at 80%. It helps if you think of each percentage point as an individual nebulous amount of energy, and not as a singular point. You can be on a percentage of battery for any given amount of time. If it didn't work this way, then your battery would run out in 100 seconds. The phone stops as soon as it hits 80%, hence it drains right away and immediately drops to 79%

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, it does not happen when it's charged to 100%. Any other wise answers?
Because 100% is an identifier that the battery is fully charged. Think of it like this, when it hits 80, it stops charging. on the other hand, when it detects the battery is full it displays 100.

It may sound like I'm being sarcastic (I am a bit), but there is a subtle difference. It is worth bearing in mind that the battery percentage is a numeric display of an algorithms interpretation of what stage a chemical reaction is at rather than an objective display of how full a vessel is with a substance.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Nah, he's right. It stops filling up right at 80%. It helps if you think of each percentage point as an individual nebulous amount of energy, and not as a singular point. You can be on a percentage of battery for any given amount of time. If it didn't work this way, then your battery would run out in 100 seconds. The phone stops as soon as it hits 80%, hence it drains right away and immediately drops to 79%
Exactamundo.