cleaning up the contacts

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
i noticed that the contacts app on ics 4.0x now includes phone, email, IM and other contacts whereas in earlier versions of Android it only included people that you put into your contacts.
Also, i noticed there's no way to filter out contacts with telephone numbers only.
Anyway, is there a way to clean up contacts because i have some duplicates. I have multiple contacts that are also in google talk and they all show up as separate entries in my list of contacts. is there an easy/quick way to merge them or will i have to do it manually?

as an alternative: are there some nice contacts apps in the market that you guys can recommend?

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I find it easier to manage contacts via Gmail on a computer. Not perfect but does have tools to find and merge duplicates.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Press the settings button it lets you choose from which accounts you want to display your contacts

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
tap on a contact, tap the setting (3 dots) and tap edit. tap the setting again and tap on join, locate the duplicate contact. This will join your duplicates into one.