Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Default i can see emoji can you?

I'm running jelly bean... and just downloaded the best twitter app I have ever used. Tweet lanes. But anyways, I have noticed I can see emoji. They are black and white. So my jb users can u see emojis?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails i can see emoji can you?-screenshot_2012-07-07-09-15-23.jpg  
    Privacy is overrated :P

Default Re: i can see emoji can you?

I can see them.

This reminds me of a girl I know who lost her iPhone. Her parents refused to buy her another (she lost three in two years), and they got her a GSII Skyrocket as a replacement.

Despite the fact that she recognizes that it's faster and has a much better screen, she hates it. Why? She can't see emoji in Twitter.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I can see them.

This reminds me of a girl I know who lost her iPhone. Her parents refused to buy her another (she lost three in two years), and they got her a GSII Skyrocket as a replacement.

Despite the fact that she recognizes that it's faster and has a much better screen, she hates it. Why? She can't see emoji in Twitter.
    Wow. I dont like emoji. 2 childish for me.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Not going to lie, I had no idea what the heck an emoji was until I clicked on that picture lol.

(But I instantly disliked it, if that's any consolation )
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Not going to lie, I had no idea what the heck an emoji was until I clicked on that picture lol.

(But I instantly disliked it, if that's any consolation )
    Haha. Its some crapple stuff. The only argument some iphone users have "I can see emoji"

You can also use third party SMS apps(like Handcent or GO SMS) and add the emoji plugins if you want to send or receive emoji. I find it necessary with a lot of iPhone using friends/family.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy81 View Post
    You can also use third party SMS apps(like Handcent or GO SMS) and add the emoji plugins if you want to send or receive emoji. I find it necessary with a lot of iPhone using friends/family.
    Yeah. But I don't think it allows you to view them on twitter.

I noticed this on Instagram today. I logged into an ipad once, was in disgust. Saw it today after getting the update two days ago. At least it's small and monochrome. Why Google, why?!

Stock messaging app supports it as well. Just download the emoji dictionary in Language and Input.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Official twitter client has been showing them for a little while as well. Not sure how I feel about them though. Most of the posts I see them in over use them so I'm not impressed.

Hi all, some people really love emoji, it is nice now to have it, helps transition iOS users to Android too. It's not just Apple, it is a Unicode standard now so all can enjoy. Personally I have had a bad experience with ex-girlfriend/stalkers using a lot of emoji when we were going out. Now it is just my parents and I so not so bad. But girls especially girlfriends I find can really, really get into emoji.

Please see all Emoji discussion consolidated to this thread:
    [SOLVED][Android 4.1][iOS] How Emoji works on Android and iOS

Apologies for my multiple replies.
    (Mods, please adjust accordingly)