Be on the lookout for IMM76Q OTA

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
vzw-gnex-update.jpg

Remember that IMM76Q build everyone was talking about at the beginning of the month? It's real, it's official, and on the list to be coming OTA.

No word on system changes, but it's got the new baseband everyone has been wanting. If you get notified about this update, take a second and get with one of the forum advisers or mods -- hackers will want this file (and you can be a hero!).

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I love how Verizon pushes out updates that are less desired (JB > new basebands). It's like they're working backwards from the bottom of the list of most wanted updates.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

TheDoctor 46

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Base bands are pretty important. What good is Jelly Bean if your signals suck. I wish both would drop soon though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: moosc

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
But what do I care if I haven't been having any issues with signal since IMM76K?

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
If you can root and backup using TB BEFORE unlocking the boot loader, sure, show me the way. Otherwise, it's too late. Not worth losing all my Angry Birds progress just for Google Now.

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
you are short changing yourself over a game? there's more to JB than just Google Now but whatever.

If you've ever tried to beat all 4 Angry Birds games, you'd know exactly why.

Other than Now, JB only offers performance tweaks. I can live without those if my only other option involves deleting everything and having to start over AGAIN.

Billb660

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm rooted and installed 4.1. Will I be able to download this update and install? If not, is there any way to get this update without going back to stock? If I do go back to stock, would I lose this update if I reinstall 4.1?

Sorry for all the dumb questions, but this is my first time rooting a phone.

Thanks for your help.

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm rooted and installed 4.1. Will I be able to download this update and install? If not, is there any way to get this update without going back to stock? If I do go back to stock, would I lose this update if I reinstall 4.1?

Thanks for your help.

It's likely the ROM devs will include the new basebands in an update to your ROM.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
am I reading that wrong? I am already on IMM76K i515.10 V.FC04 with the brand new Nexus I have.

or is it the IMM76Q I want to be on? lol

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for your help.

Why would you want to flash an ICS update if you're already on JB?

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
The guys at XDA have been saying for weeks that all this update does is nerf search and update build numbers and dates. That's it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the baseband part is just a lie to trick us into installing it.

rokstarr

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
There is no new baseband. The difference between IMM76K and IMM76Q is the dumbed down search. The i515.09 or .10 is just the hardware version.. the baseband radio files are still FC04 and FC05.

Reactions: dmmarck

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was kind of pumped even though I never have had radio issues, but now not so much. I'm no expert but IIRC ^^^ is the truth.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
But what do I care if I haven't been having any issues with signal since IMM76K?

If it gets better for EVERYBODY then why would you complain? Did you consider that new radios, or this, may in fact be the stepping stone to JB? Or that this update has been in the works for long before JB has been announced?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DanielGalvez

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Well not really. There are problems with the gnex and signal issues, and they want to adress those before pushing out a major ui update that would bring plenty of more issues and would make the signal issues that much harder to fix. it makes sense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699