Strange icons showing up on homescreen.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I looked at my phone a few minutes ago and noticed some strange icons showing up on my homescreen. Has anyone encountered this before? It looks like a form of the spam.
This happened a few days ago as well. I just deleted them. Now that it's happened a second time, I am a little annoyed.
FWIW, I am currently running the 8/5 build of Euroskank. However, I think it has more to do with the apps I have installed.
One of them is from the same developer as Tweet Caster.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
did you just install those apps? there is a setting in the play store that after you download an app it will "auto-add widgets"

if that is checked, it will automatically add the icon to your home screen after you download it.

if those just showed up randomly without you downloading either of those apps, that is a little weird.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
did you just install those apps? there is a setting in the play store that after you download an app it will "auto-add widgets"

if that is checked, it will automatically add the icon to your home screen after you download it.

if those just showed up randomly without you downloading either of those apps, that is a little weird.

I always un-check that setting to auto add icons to homescreen. These are actually Play store links to buy/download the apps.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
When I had the Deal or Be a Millionaire game, it pushed app icons onto my homescreen that were just spam links to a website. Download AirPush Detector in the Play Store and it will scan and notify you of any apps that push spam.

Thanks, hooch. That was it. I had that same app, as well as Flikie Wallpapers HD. I uninstalled both of them.
Apparently, it's (ir)responsible for those random notifications as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress