Apps confusion

Jhatn

May 30, 2023
Visit site
Something strange has happened on my phone & I have questions.

1. This morning, when I pulled up the App Drawer, there were 2 Target App icons. I opened them (1 at a time) & they both went to my Target account as normal. So I pressed & held each app icon & the 1st showed a pop-up menu for Information, Widgets & Wallet. The 2nd menu showed Widgets & Information. I see no reason to have both, so I uninstalled the 1st (I don't use Wallet, so that's how I chose) & BOTH were uninstalled. I re-installed the Target App & both icons came back. Why are there 2 app icons & is this a Target problem?

2. When I go to Manage apps & device in the App Store, the list under 'Installed' is showing ALL the apps I have deliberately disabled. This is the 1st time these disabled apps have showed up & I'm wondering, is Google is trying to force apps on us ... again?

3. Is there a way to remove certain apps from ever showing up on the updates list?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Which device do you have ?
Go to the play store search that app and uncheck the auto update after tapping the 3 dots upper right corner
e577eb5c2c284eea8e33162beb6b62fe.jpg

Jhatn

May 30, 2023
Visit site
I have the Motorola Moto G Power (2020).

I checked Google Play, all of the disabled apps give me just 2 choices: Share & Flag as inappropriate.
But the Target App does give me the option to disable auto update.

I don't get why disabled apps are showing up in the update list. Not sure if it's an Android problem, Google problem or Motorola problem.

Jhatn

May 30, 2023
Visit site
I chatted w/an agent on Target's website, he also said it may be a glitch & to check on it in a day/2.
But I'm still going to contact Target though the app as well, they may have more information.

Thanks for the link B. Diddy.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the Motorola Moto G Power (2020).

I checked Google Play, all of the disabled apps give me just 2 choices: Share & Flag as inappropriate.
But the Target App does give me the option to disable auto update.

I don't get why disabled apps are showing up in the update list. Not sure if it's an Android problem, Google problem or Motorola problem.
Sorry I thought you were in the other thread I was helping there also.

Jhatn

May 30, 2023
Visit site
LOL. I got a Target update that duplicated the Target app icons. I wonder if it's related to Android 14.
Not related to just Android 14, happening to just about everyone.

But I downloaded the Target App version 2023.41.1 & that fixed the double-icon problem.
There is now only 1 icon & going into my Target account is no problem.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The Target app got another update. I don't have the duplicate icons now. I just waited for the update since I wasn't shopping at Target this week.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29