Anyone with good signal reception?

bailman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I haven't pulled the trigger yet, looking at one today as long as the seller isn't a fake. I'm really concerned with the possibility of getting a phone that will be plagued with the signal issue. My thunderbolt is experiencing really bad data drops. I just don't want to go from one problem to another. How does the nexus compare to the thunderbolt? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an issue with signal. I thought I might, but as it turns out, its my concrete condo. I don't have nearly the signal issues my fiance has. I can send text messages just fine, she can't (iPhone 4 on Verizon). I have a thunderbolt, too. I can't compare signal problems with it as its not activated and I've moved since owning the Nexus. Overall, my biggest issue is the bluetooth radio for Jelly Bean and 4.0.4 (the official one). I have had great bluetooth with the original leaked 4.0.4, so I use those. No data issues and great bluetooth performance. Fortunately, the 4.0.4 radios are compatible with Jelly Bean. So I'm rocking stock Jelly Bean with no root and older better (for me) radios.

If you decide on the nexus, unlock the bootloader the day you pick it up. You can mix and match radios to suit your needs.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a thunderbolt since launch. It had horrible data drops and radio signal issues where I live and work. I thought it was just these locations. Contacted vzw about the issues and they final gave me a refurbished nexus. I love it, stock android is great. The phone makes the thunderbolt just look bad. I haven't seen any data issues and even phone call signal is stronger. Once you get a nexus you won't look back.

bailman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Well I found a greasy deal on a brand new un used VZW nexus. I haven't activated it yet, will do that today. I'm excited to start paying with my new toy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699