apex update

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with Apex launching after the newest update? Keeps telling me it is FC.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I've heard you can fix it by installing Nova. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

That's actually what I did! Got used to Apex and paid for the Pro version, but I'll go Nova for awhile until Apex gets fixed.

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I just received the upload notification. I will hold off until this is fixed.

Good idea...now I know why I usually avoid the auto-update option on my apps! DOH!

EDIT/UPDATE: Nova has an option to restore settings from other launchers, if you want to restore Apex launcher settings in Nova. Just walked my wife through it over the phone, she said it worked fine (she got another FC warning, but just said ok and kept going). I already went ahead and set everything up on Nova the way I had it on Apex, THEN I realized there is a restore option. Oh well.

Last edited:

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Could you help someone new to android out? How do I just switch to the stock launcher when I can't do anything with the launcher??

Note i717, not rooted.

Edit:
I was able to pull the status bar down (which has a settings button on it for me) after getting to one of the error reporting screens when Apex crashed. Uninstalled apex from applications. Hope he fixes it fast, I like it very much.

Don't remember when I last backed up my apex settings, hope it wasn't that long ago!

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Could you help someone new to android out? How do I just switch to the stock launcher when I can't do anything with the launcher??

Note i717, not rooted.

Go to settings. Go to apps. Go to apex. Clear defaults.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
yeah same issues here. i just installed nova for now. i forgot the reason i didn't like nova to begin with...then i realized i can't use swipe down gestures without the paid version :(

hope the apex dev fixes it quickly. got to have my apex back.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
What the heck, my restore did nothing. Said successful too.

Edit: I didn't realize there were two things to restore. Mostly back to normal but none of my widgets came back after restore. That's better than losing everything I guess.

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
There is..... however last night I went and made the switch to Nova, lol. Got sucked in when I saw that it had the option to import my Apex desktop as well.. gotta admit I likes it :)

This is obviously the real solution to these Apex issues. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa