How is your speakerphone quality?

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Before I got my Galaxy Nexus, the reviews I read almost all said something negative about the speakerphone quality on the Nexus. However, mine works great....It's loud, clear, even when playing music it is surprisingly bearable for a phone. I'm a late adopter, only got my Gnex about a month ago. Compared to my Thunderbolt (which didn't have much volume but sounded fine), the Gnex is great. However, Phil has said "The speakerphone is all but unusable on phone calls.", in his review on of the Gnex, and I use mine all the time with loud and clear results. Just wondering if maybe Samsung changed the speaker mid-production because of reviews (like HTC stopped coating the Thunderbolt's kickstand with that flakey paint), or maybe I just had low expectations.

landofthedroid

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The speaker in my opinion is ok but there are times where I wish it was louder. Compared to an iPhone or Motorola's, its no match though they always seem to put good speakers in their phones. As far as listening through headphones the quality is great and loud enough.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

xeroslash

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Not too happy with the speaker. At times it seems perfect (mostly when there's no other sound around), but usually it's like "I can hardly hear it, I wish this thing was louder."

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Volume +, and now my speaker is on par with every other phone I've had. Never dropped a call or had data issues either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

defdc

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I had a day one Nexus. Though it had connectivity issues, but it just has a weak signal and grey bars that (most) everyone gets now and then. The stock speaker volume was insanely low. Volume+ fixed the problem, when it worked. V+ would just stop working now and again, and many times would no longer function until I uninstalled the app the tweaked it.

Sent in my nexus for a warranty replacement. Same issues, but by then realized it was what was happening to everyone. The only thing, and this may be a ROM issue, is my headset volume is almost non-existant. Even in a silent room, it would hard to hear. I have to use the speakerphone or bluetooth for calls. Using an early bugless beast Jellybean right now.

The speakphone on my warrantly replaced seemed "better" stock than the origional. But compared to my Droid1, it's easily 4 times quieter, both at max volume.

I've said it before, I'd like to have a db reading of max volume in all major phone reviews. Along with signal strength readings. (Not exactly sure how to do that, but, dammit, I want it!) :)

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I've never used an app such as Volume +. I've only used kernel based EQ's like DSP manager or BEATs that require flashing, but the difference between my speakerphone's a) quality of sound b) loudness are night and day vs. stock. Proves to me it's a software issue and not hardware. That's a good thing in the sense it's fixable.