I love 4.2.2!!

RyMac04

BB Convert
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one? After getting this update my GNex has become an entirely new phone. I went from a laggy, dead battery by lunch time to a slick, clean, long lasting phone after the update.

I know my phone was in dire need a hard reset as I could watch the battery drain during any sort of extended screen on, but now I'm getting a full day's charge on the same usage.

I really like the new lock screen feature that let's you quickly switch to an app such as the camera without the need to unlock, find the app, then open. Also digging the new settings menu/widget from the drop down tray. Anyways, all I'm seeing are complaint threads in this forum, so I wanted it to be known that I LOVE 4.2.2!

Still need to tackle a custom rom....

RyMac04

BB Convert
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
OH and not to mention GPS works now. It only takes a few seconds for it to lock in your location, whereas this used to be a crapshoot for me.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
glad to see a good 4.2.2 post in this sea of "4.2.2 screwed up my phone" threads :)

not sure how much you keep up on tech, but 4.2.2 introduced ACTUAL toggles in the quick settings. press and hold the Wifi or Bluetooth buttons and it will toggle them on/off.
everything else it pretty much the same though. camera uses pinch to zoom, photosphere is amazing, lock screen widgets are great.

Armada

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving it too. I don't know if it just needed time to settle in but all the "lag" from my system has disappeared. Things are just as good as they used to be. The gesture typing is also handy. But check out this: I also forgot to plug my phone in to charge last night. Look at my battery life with 4G on even, it's crazy!

Screenshot_2013-03-29-11-06-46.png

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Is there a list of new features added in 4.2.2?

The quick settings aren't really toggles as if WiFi is off and I hit the WiFi in quick settings for instance, I am taken to another settings screen and then I have to hit "on" to get WiFi on. To be a toggle I should just hit the toggle for on/off functionality.

joshuasa9

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there a list of new features added in 4.2.2?

The quick settings aren't really toggles as if WiFi is off and I hit the WiFi in quick settings for instance, I am taken to another settings screen and then I have to hit "on" to get WiFi on. To be a toggle I should just hit the toggle for on/off functionality.

Hold down the WiFi quick setting and you will connect to the last on you connected to in that location.

Ace4

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My battery life after the update is significantly better as well. The phone is waking up way less often since the update according to the battery plot screen.

smokie11

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I do enjoy some of the new features and nothing bad has happened to my phone. I thought 4.1 was very good and 4.2 made it a little nicer.

RyMac04

BB Convert
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
glad to see there are others.

Regarding the WiFi / Bluetooth toggles - there has been a widget called "Power control" since day one. It's a 4x1 with ::WiFi / Blutooth / GPS / Sync / Screen Brightness:: toggles. Very handy.