Insuffecient Storage Space Available

jmklei0

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I've fixed this one other time about a year ago. Can't remember what the solution was though.

My Storage Counter is saying I don't have enough space and says Available is only 400 MB out of 32 GB. However, that's not actually true. When you look at the colors of the storage bar, over half is grey (available).

I've wiped dalvik and cache already. Seem to recall some kind of Media file that needs to be erased. Not sure though. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

jmklei0

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
New information/question:

Just trying to figure out what folder/file could possibly be taking up space (about 15 GB) if it is not in the Available, Apps, Pictures, Videos, Audio, Downloads, Cached Data, or Misc categories?

I've fixed this one other time about a year ago. Can't remember what the solution was though.

My Storage Counter is saying I don't have enough space and says Available is only 400 MB out of 32 GB. However, that's not actually true. When you look at the colors of the storage bar, over half is grey (available).

I've wiped dalvik and cache already. Seem to recall some kind of Media file that needs to be erased. Not sure though. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

jmklei0

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Interesting that there has not been any responses to my question. But, I hope this helps everyone else.

I deleted my backups! That's all it took to fix this problem. Apparently the backups are not listed anywhere as folders or files. But, deleting them frees up a ton of space and now my "Available" is back up to 15 GB.

Thanks anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699