Odd behavior with Wifi Hotspot

fraunpetri1

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

Random question. I've been using foxfi for the last 6-9 months with my Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. For the most part it's worked great but now an odd wrinkle has occurred.

I have 3 devices that regularly connect to wifi for internet - an Imac, a Macbook Pro, and Ipad. In the last few days for some reason the only device that can get the full speed of my internet connection is my Imac. Both the laptop and tablet have download speeds that barely register on speedtest.net whereas the download speed on my imac is 6-10mbs. Also, the upload speeds on all devices are working correctly, so it's only the downloading on the laptop and ipad that are an issue. I know Verizon is planning on choking us unlimited users soon, but because one of my systems is not being affected I wanted to see if anyone could provide any insight or help as to why this has started happening now.

I downloaded Portable Wi-Fi hotspot from core to see how it compared to foxfi and I'm experiencing the same issue. I've also tried disconnecting the imac to see if it helps the other devices and that has not proven helpful either.

Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Fraun