Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

Default Re: [App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    You probably updated your phone which patched the security hold.
    Use this instead

Jailbreak(bootloader unlock) / Root / TWRP Recovery -- Even after update [26JAN13]
    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Rooted tonight using the Casual method. The overall process is not quite one click, but close. I had to update Java on my Windows 7 VM, and after that the Casual jre ran fine. Since I had never connected my Note 2 to the VM, it took awhile for the drivers to install. All the while Casual was trying to execute. My mistake for firing up Casual before the driver install completed, but was excited to get started. Give developer(s) for this credit to have error handling logic sufficient to keep looping through until the drivers install completed. All I had to do was keep clicking on that particular Casual dialog box. Casual did the rest, and afterward I flashed CleanROM Verizon SE 2.0 per instructions on scottsroms. Overall the process works great.

Hello, I'm concerned about whether or not this worked. I clicked do it. Nothing happened. It sat there. I clicked link status, restored functions... Ran boot loader update through autoplay options... Then hit do it again... Nothing. Restarted pc/phone... Now when I plug my phone in, I can use it like a storage device and browse folders through explorer. Does this mean it worked?

UPDATE: Blah. It's apparent my USB drivers are not properly installing. Been trying to get this figured out for the past hour.

Conclusion: I am a failure.
    Last edited by nightelfdruid; 05-02-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nightelfdruid View Post
    Hello, I'm concerned about whether or not this worked. I clicked do it. Nothing happened. It sat there. I clicked link status, restored functions... Ran boot loader update through autoplay options... Then hit do it again... Nothing. Restarted pc/phone... Now when I plug my phone in, I can use it like a storage device and browse folders through explorer. Does this mean it worked?

UPDATE: Blah. It's apparent my USB drivers are not properly installing. Been trying to get this figured out for the past hour.

Conclusion: I am a failure.
    Did you get the USB driver working? The Casual developer, Adam Outler, has some good troubleshooting tips a few replies down in the XDA link posted by DroidXcon.

Is this Casual One Click working for the 4.1.2? I have updated to the new version (4.1.2) and really want to root, I was going to root it the day the update came and just hoping now that I still can.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by ferndog75 View Post
    Is this Casual One Click working for the 4.1.2? I have updated to the new version (4.1.2) and really want to root, I was going to root it the day the update came and just hoping now that I still can.
    You need to go to his link and get the most up to date version that he says works but since I didn't update nor do I plan to I don't know. I would go read the last couple pages of his thread , I would but I have been kind of busy

If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    You need to go to his link and get the most up to date version that he says works but since I didn't update nor do I plan to I don't know. I would go read the last couple pages of his thread , I would but I have been kind of busy

I did go over to XDA and Adam says that Casual will still work for rooting. If the original doesn't work then Adam has developed a revised one that might.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

DroidXcon - Do you know, for sure, if Casual is good to use for rooting. I have been seeing some having issues such as boot looping. I just want to be safe about this. I know I said that I read that Adam says it good to go but like I said, some are having problems. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ferndog75 View Post
    DroidXcon - Do you know, for sure, if Casual is good to use for rooting. I have been seeing some having issues such as boot looping. I just want to be safe about this. I know I said that I read that Adam says it good to go but like I said, some are having problems. Thanks in advance.

Nevermind....I went ahead and downloaded Casual just to see if my N2 would get at least recognized by the root app and well....NO, it didn't! I guess I will be waiting on a new Casual that will work with 4.1.2!

So I got the driver installed, and it kept bricking my phone. I now have it set up on the root66 stock rom with root. Gave up on the Casual thing.
    Android Addict

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

Just rooted my Note II via Casual. One click, sit back and watch.
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123