Just installed clean rom how dibu get visual voice mail back?

deputydog95

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
It wasnt included in the rom. Downloaded the app from Google store. Keeps saying it can't connect with Verizon server. Called Verizon and they said phone is still properly provisioned. Help!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It wasnt included in the rom. Downloaded the app from Google store. Keeps saying it can't connect with Verizon server. Called Verizon and they said phone is still properly provisioned. Help!

Do you know which apks were associated with it?. If not ill look it up when I get a chance. Then ill send them to you

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

deputydog95

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Not a clue. Went into the play store and downloaded it from there. Its official from VZW. Looks different (at least the icon) from what came on the stock ROM. Grrrrr. This should be simple. Appreciate any help.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Not a clue. Went into the play store and downloaded it from there. Its official from VZW. Looks different (at least the icon) from what came on the stock ROM. Grrrrr. This should be simple. Appreciate any help.
Dont know if this will work but here goes.
Uninstall the VVM that you got from the market.
Download THIS
Place on your SD card
Use a root file manager to copy the apk to the directory /system/app
Reboot, then let me know if it worked

deputydog95

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm in over my head :) I just rooted it for the first time last night. Running into all sorts of weird issues. For example I have a VZW network extender in my office. With the cleanrom 3.5 it goes into roaming mode as soon as I walk in and the phone data stops and text messaging gets shut down. Weird stuff like that I don't know how to deal with it.

I did put google voice on there to try it out so that if I find another ROM I like I can totally forget about VVM.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm in over my head :) I just rooted it for the first time last night. Running into all sorts of weird issues. For example I have a VZW network extender in my office. With the cleanrom 3.5 it goes into roaming mode as soon as I walk in and the phone data stops and text messaging gets shut down. Weird stuff like that I don't know how to deal with it.

Lol well I wouldn't know what to do either in that situation . I would ask Scott (think that's the developers name) when he gets back from vacation. Not all roms will work great off the bat especially since the developer of this particular rom doesn't have a vzw version of our phone. ... im running clean rom also. I like the looping home screen. I may try a couple of these roms , see what I like from each then make a FrankenRom for myself.

deputydog95

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
In a perfect world, I'd like a ROM just like the factory verizon ROM, but with the ability to free tether and multi window any app I want. Not looking for much :)

jengobengo

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
In a perfect world, I'd like a ROM just like the factory verizon ROM, but with the ability to free tether and multi window any app I want. Not looking for much :)

I just rooted using the exploit app and had hoped to get these 2 features running. My lack of researching led me to understand I still have a few more steps (unlocking bootloader and flashing roms that have these features, with things like backing up thrown in). It's just funny to me cause I never touched my previous phone (HTC Incredible) besides installing a different launcher...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted using the exploit app and had hoped to get these 2 features running. My lack of researching led me to understand I still have a few more steps (unlocking bootloader and flashing roms that have these features, with things like backing up thrown in). It's just funny to me cause I never touched my previous phone (HTC Incredible) besides installing a different launcher...

You do not need to unlock to get these two features. Or have a custom room for these two features. How did you get free tethering on the incredible without rooting? Tethering you need "trev_E Tether app drivers reload 2". For multi Windows either need to flash deodexed room for the control app. Or you can do the all apps to multi Window mod with just your existing root. I would give you all the links but I'm in bed about to fall asleep (it's 7am). I can link you later or another member can help you out.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Scott did upload the original VVM from Verizon its in his OP in that thread. I actually pay for that service, sad I know but annoying that iPhone users get it as a stock feature and Android users have to pay :| way to go Verizon.

Ritzie

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Scott did upload the original VVM from Verizon its in his OP in that thread. I actually pay for that service, sad I know but annoying that iPhone users get it as a stock feature and Android users have to pay :| way to go Verizon.

What thread did he upload to? I need this apk also. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch