Considering rooting my note2

youradvisor88

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. I've never rooted a phone yet seriously considering it on my sch-i605.

Anybody brick theirs? Seems a number of ways to do it, just want to do it correctly. Thanks in advance for the help. Matt

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

diabloking

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
If your on the OTA use Adam's updated jailbreak over at XDA. Its simple to use as long as you follow the directions they also have videos on how to do it.

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
At this point, my best advise is.............Backup backup backup, as soon as you can. Not that anything will go wrong, but it could and if you have gotten recovery on your device you can at least get back to where you started. There are quite a few good roms now too. Clean rom, beans and of course cyanogen. Just depends on your tastes. Have fun!

One_Angry_Panda

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
If your on the OTA use Adam's updated jailbreak over at XDA. Its simple to use as long as you follow the directions they also have videos on how to do it.

Do you have a link to this? How do you know if you have this update already? I'm assuming that I have it and want to make sure. The original way here to root and unlock will not work if you have this update and Im assuming possibly brick your phone? I just want to be absolutely sure of what Im doing before I start it and am using the right process!

I really appreciate all the hard work everyone has put into this!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a link to this? How do you know if you have this update already? I'm assuming that I have it and want to make sure. The original way here to root and unlock will not work if you have this update and Im assuming possibly brick your phone? I just want to be absolutely sure of what Im doing before I start it and am using the right process!

I really appreciate all the hard work everyone has put into this!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2118348
Jailbreak(bootloader unlock) / Root / TWRP Recovery -- Even after update [26JAN13]

This should work for both before and after update so no worries either way

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
is it possible to get back to out of the box stock using the after the update method?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ThisDieingDream1

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I have a question about adams jailbreak. Will the ota updates still work? Will they take root off once ota is done???

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I have a question about adams jailbreak. Will the ota updates still work? Will they take root off once ota is done???

If you unlock and leave it stock then yes it will update but after the update it will re lock your bootloader and you may lose root and may not be able to root again until someone finds another root method.

I would just root and unlock and not update until a rooting method is available for whatever the update is to.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

jasongeiger

May 2, 2011
Visit site
That won't work if they sneak a new bootloader in there. Seems silly to even consider an ota after rooting. Developers will be on top of it and put out a rooted version of it or update a custom rom with it.

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

ThisDieingDream1

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Its post. Vrall4
But if its rooted and bootloader on. I want to maintain the ability to update and keep rooted and still be able to freeze and delete then unused apps

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Its post. Vrall4
But if its rooted and bootloader on. I want to maintain the ability to update and keep rooted and still be able to freeze and delete then unused apps

If you have used Adam Outler's jailbreak to gain root and unlock your bootloader you do not want any future OTA from Verizon to run even if you have a program like Voodoo Rootkeeper. The OTA will conflict with the unlocked bootloader. Since you still have the stock VRALL4 ROM the OTA will try to run. You can and should as soon s possible stop the OTA from running by freezing the SDM 1.0 app with a program like Titanium backup at the Playstore. You could also rename the .apk which I forget the the name of right now.

If you have root access but you have a stock ROM and your bootloader is still locked you should be able to let a future Verizon OTA run and save your root by using a program like Voodoo Rootkeeper.

Last edited:

ThisDieingDream1

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
So root give you access to making it faster and such.

Bootloader lets you freeze and delete unwanted apps.

Adam outlers jailbreak is both?

How do I just do a root?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo