stock Gmail app

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
How to turn off conversation view in this app ? I need each email one by one

The Gmail application doesn't have that option. However, you can access Gmail via the built-in email app, which is capable of deactivating Conversation View.

Instructions
1. Log into your Gmail account using your computer's Web browser. Click the gear icon, then "Mail Settings." Select the "Conversation view off" radio button, then click "Save Changes."

2. Press the "App Drawer" button on your phone, then tap "Email." Press "Menu," then "Accounts," then "Menu" again and "Add Account."

3. Enter your Gmail address and password, then tap "Next."

4. Enter a nickname for your account and tap "Done." You can now log in to your Gmail account by tapping "Email" at the main Android menu, and your messages will be displayed individually, without the Conversation View grouping.

DenverCZBob

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
This setup never worked for me because I still wanted the 'push' email that the gmail app gave me.
What did work is using the stock mail app and setting it up as a corporate account. I found this searching with google and so far I like it.
In your stock email app select "Corporate account" as type of new account, use your gmail address for user name and of course your gmail password.
When it asks for the Domain\User name input it like this:
ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM\YourGmailName@gmail.com
Exchange Server: m.google.com
Leave all the defaults it selects for security etc. as is.
Remember to turn off your notifications in the actual Gmail app so you don't get double notifications.

-bob

Last edited: