Ihazterbo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm just using the normal Google message app, but this new phone wants to duplicate texts. I'm not 100% sure which setting to check or unchecked. Example in pic. I have 2 texts from my dad and 2 from my husband. One has up to a certain part in pur conversation, and the other is missing portions of the conversation. I just want the one where it shows one person and not me and that person.
30ce7795eab73d8f66377d17b71ba107.jpg

Sifu034

Jan 29, 2024
Visit site
This happen to me. Quick fix is make sure you still have your old phone. Delete all your messages on both google messages and samsung messages. Hook up your old phone and start up smart switch. And just transfer your messages only. Hasn't done it again ever since 🙏

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My husband always used Samsung messages I use Google cause of RCS he's not familiar with that but our 23U were unlocked and it had both messaging apps now we got unlocked again and only have Google. My friend with t mobile has both. He'll get used to it I guess.

I saw duplicate messages the other day when replying from my watch one had my friends name and the other one showed both our names like a group message but it was just me texting her it was weird.

Ihazterbo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
This happen to me. Quick fix is make sure you still have your old phone. Delete all your messages on both google messages and samsung messages. Hook up your old phone and start up smart switch. And just transfer your messages only. Hasn't done it again ever since
Unfortunately, I wiped all my info from the old phone and have already packaged it up to be taken today.

Ihazterbo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
My husband always used Samsung messages I use Google cause of RCS he's not familiar with that but our 23U were unlocked and it had both messaging apps now we got unlocked again and only have Google. My friend with t mobile has both. He'll get used to it I guess.

I saw duplicate messages the other day when replying from my watch one had my friends name and the other one showed both our names like a group message but it was just me texting her it was weird.
Yeah, it's the first time this has ever happened in the years since I've been getting the new phone each time.

Reactions: Rose4uKY

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
While I like this phone...I do not appreciate having duplicate apps thrust upon me! I want to be able to pick and chose the ones I want! Fortunately I have the ability to disable any and all apps that I chose to disable (using a GUI app called ADB AppControl). I use the Google versions of Messages, Gmail, Calendar. This way I don't have such issues! YMMV

Reactions: jtfwTX

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
While I like this phone...I do not appreciate having duplicate apps thrust upon me! I want to be able to pick and chose the ones I want! Fortunately I have the ability to disable any and all apps that I chose to disable (using a GUI app called ADB AppControl). I use the Google versions of Messages, Gmail, Calendar. This way I don't have such issues! YMMV
When you disable any Samsung apps in preference of Google, have you run into any issues in your past experiences?

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
When you disable any Samsung apps in preference of Google, have you run into any issues in your past experiences?
Using the cheap paid app I mentioned has 4 default levels of bloatware removal/disable. The most aggressive one can cause issues if you just select it and press GO...so you need to have a fairly good working knowledge of what you're choosing to disable. I have used the app on several phones and tablets from OnePlus, Google (pixel) and Samsung phones and 3 tablets. No issues at all! Remember too that you can use the same app to re-enable some thing later if you want to!

Reactions: jtfwTX

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
only some apps are able to be disabled (Calendar, yes. Reminder, no). I had no problems when I disabled the Calendar app.
Not true...ANY app, as well as MANY Android services that are otherwise hidden on the phone can also be disabled! You may not be able to disable them using the phones settings but using ADB (with the command line) or the GUI app will seek and find nearly everything on the phone and allow you to disable it. It's interesting that when you disable something using ADB that normally is not available to be disabled will show up in the phones settings as disabled with NO disabled icon and no ability to reenable it with the phone. You will have to use ADB, or the GUI app to reenable it.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I guess the distinction is "easily" disabled. Most, including me, won't go to the extra trouble of going into adb for this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej