A few questions before I get this for my wife

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
So with all the bashing that people are giving this phone over all I need some honest answers on some very serious questions

1) Will the phone be able to Surf and talk at the same time.

2) I have heard that inductive charging has been removed. Is this true?

3) How easy is it to actually use the SPen for normal operations of the basic functions..

4) Can the bloatware be removed/frozen without root.

Thank you in advance

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So with all the bashing that people are giving this phone over all I need some honest answers on some very serious questions

Thank you in advance
Who is bashing this phone. I have owned allot of phones and this by far is the best I have owned

Yes if you are in a 4g area

No idea

3) How easy is it to actually use the SPen for normal operations of the basic functions..
Pretty easy, im surprised how often I find myself using it. I really actually thought I would never touch it
4) Can the bloatware be removed/frozen without root. No , I don't know any phone that you can remove bloat without root, I don't remember if titanium will freeze workout root but I'm pretty sure it requires root.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Who is bashing this phone. I have owned allot of phones and this by far is the best I have owned

4) Can the bloatware be removed/frozen without root. No , I don't know any phone that you can remove bloat without root, I don't remember if titanium will freeze workout root but I'm pretty sure it requires root.

Read the frontpage on the Verizon Note II stuff.. Bashing all the way to the bank

Thank you for answers to 1-3, As for #4 I thought that one of the benefits of Android 4.0+ was the ability to remove the bloatware. Maybe i'm wrong

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Read the frontpage on the Verizon Note II stuff.. Bashing all the way to the bank

Thank you for answers to 1-3, As for #4 I thought that one of the benefits of Android 4.0+ was the ability to remove the bloatware. Maybe i'm wrong

I can see bashing verizons choices in some matters but the phone is great if you are not nit picking. An average user can be totally satisfied with this phone.... If there is a way without root I'm unaware (which is quite possible) I don't think Verizon would make it that easy to do so though

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The only bashing I've read is about the logo on the home button (lame argument in my opinion), the belief that Verizon crippled the multi view capability which is untrue, and that it doesn't come with headphones.

As to removing the bloat without root, no, you can't remove it without root, but you can disable most of it. Disabling is part of the OS.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The only bashing I've read is about the logo on the home button (lame argument in my opinion), the belief that Verizon crippled the multi view capability which is untrue, and that it doesn't come with headphones.

As to removing the bloat without root, no, you can't remove it without root, but you can disable most of it. Disabling is part of the OS.

Exactly. OP, the best option for your wife is to simply try the device first hand - she's the one that will use it. Give it a whirl for a few days and if it's not for her, you'll know about it. :D

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Think you're taking what people are saying about the carrier, not the phone. Minus the random reboot thread, I'd say everyone is enjoying their new phone.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I adore this phone.,,one of the first things i did was to disable unwanted apps....you can also hide apps you don't use from the app drawer. the spen is fabulous and i use it a ton. love the handwriting recognition for texting, emails, etc..... love love love

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I adore this phone.,,one of the first things i did was to disable unwanted apps....you can also hide apps you don't use from the app drawer. the spen is fabulous and i use it a ton. love the handwriting recognition for texting, emails, etc..... love love love

I couldn't agree more with you. Dare I say it's near perfection? I feel bad for people that are hardcore iPhone fans. When I look at an iPhone, it just looks and feels about 4 years behind.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
You may not be able to remove some of the bloatware, but you can hide it without rooting.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't agree more with you. Dare I say it's near perfection? I feel bad for people that are hardcore iPhone fans. When I look at an iPhone, it just looks and feels about 4 years behind.

Exactly!

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Agreed.....this is the first phone i've been satisfied with from the get go. my first foray into android with the original droid was great...loved the operating system but the phone itself had issues. i've yet to find anything i don't like about this phone. as for crapple....i put my note 2 up against a friends iphone and it looked like a tiny square brick. i can't even fathom having a phone without homescreens i can edit....who really wants their app drawer front and center all of the time.......

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Agreed.....this is the first phone i've been satisfied with from the get go. my first foray into android with the original droid was great...loved the operating system but the phone itself had issues. i've yet to find anything i don't like about this phone. as for crapple....i put my note 2 up against a friends iphone and it looked like a tiny square brick. i can't even fathom having a phone without homescreens i can edit....who really wants their app drawer front and center all of the time.......

I've had Android since ?clair and I must say with the Note 2 and Jelly Bean, it is everything I've wanted. I honestly can't find a complaint. I find myself just turning the screen on and doing nothing because I'm still in the honeymoon phase haha! Everything everyone is complaining about is so trivial to me when you actually get some time with the phone. The Verizon home button is laughable, I forgot it was there the second I turned my phone on.

If someone was to offer me an iPhone 5 with a free contract, unlimited data and $100 extra on top of that, I would tell them no, but make sure to tell them to enjoy their app. launcher OS, while I watch Netflix and text someone at the same time.

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Never heard any bashing... Best phone ive ever had! No idea why theta an actual button on it but the pros over whelm the cons so much that I can't complain about anything

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had Android since ?clair and I must say with the Note 2 and Jelly Bean, it is everything I've wanted. I honestly can't find a complaint. I find myself just turning the screen on and doing nothing because I'm still in the honeymoon phase haha! Everything everyone is complaining about is so trivial to me when you actually get some time with the phone. The Verizon home button is laughable, I forgot it was there the second I turned my phone on.

If someone was to offer me an iPhone 5 with a free contract, unlimited data and $100 extra on top of that, I would tell them no, but make sure to tell them to enjoy their app. launcher OS, while I watch Netflix and text someone at the same time.

I'm with you....what home button? :)

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
To answer the inductive charging, VZW has removed the pins (or at least covered them up) that make it easy for inductive charging. In other words, it might have inductive charging, it would just require taking apart the phone to see if the pins are hidden underneath, Bummer, but that's the reality. Amazing phone though, loving mine more every day!

4) Can the bloatware be removed/frozen without root.

Thank you in advance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa