car mount picture

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Finally got around to switching out my proclip car mount for the Note 2. For those not familar, it's a modular system with one half mounting to the vehicle and the other specifically designed to hold the device. Since I already had the vehicle mount in my GTI, it was just a matter of taking off the iPhone 4 mount and installing the new one (4 screws, 1 cup of coffee). Sorry for the dust, really need to clean in the interior of my beloved ride. I love the Proclip because you can adjust the tension and looseness/tightness of the swivel point. And, at least for a Mk VI Golf/GTI/Jetta (2010+) it mounts up high so the phone is very easy to see. One thing I'll never do again - spend $1,600 on OEM nav when Google Maps does a better job and I already have it on a phone :p
December152012

20121215_104841.jpg

20121215_104349.jpg

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Finally got around to switching out my proclip car mount for the Note 2. For those not familar, it's a modular system with one half mounting to the vehicle and the other specifically designed to hold the device. Since I already had the vehicle mount in my GTI, it was just a matter of taking off the iPhone 4 mount and installing the new one (4 screws, 1 cup of coffee). Sorry for the dust, really need to clean in the interior of my beloved ride. I love the Proclip because you can adjust the tension and looseness/tightness of the swivel point. And, at least for a Mk VI Golf/GTI/Jetta (2010+) it mounts up high so the phone is very easy to see. One thing I'll never do again - spend $1,600 on OEM nav when Google Maps does a better job and I already have it on a phone :p
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAAAAA5Y/MOVnULMvFQo/s375-c/December152012

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...0/w5uXwpEcJCA/w252-h336-k/20121215_104841.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...k/gsIdsfoZkNQ/w252-h336-k/20121215_104349.jpg

Very cool, ima looking and ima liking

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Really liking the way that looks. Would be awesome for navigation that way!

I also saw the whiskers on the cat on your background and thought they were scratches lol.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I am waiting for my ProClip as well. Mine has the built in charger unlike he previous poster that just has the holder. It is a new item. I should get it next week and will take some pictures. I have used my ProClip for my last 4 phones. I would highly recommend it.

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
So will this clip work with the flip cover on the phone? I'd like to get something like this but hate to swap covers just to use it.

Eggshen

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Samsung universal car mount and it works perfect with the Note II. It will even hold the phone with the Verizon kickstand case on. Here is a picture. The mount holds the phone very sturdy and you can also adjust this mounts swivel tension. No need to bolt anything. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 58

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
So will this clip work with the flip cover on the phone? I'd like to get something like this but hate to swap covers just to use it.

Sorry I didn't answer earlier. I don't think so - right now, it's advertised as "no case" and it's pretty tight sliding into the retention grooves. Anything that added thickness to the phone probably isn't going to work. Ram X might work better with the flip cover installed.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I got a Note 2 specific clip in Mount on ebay for $8. Was skeptical ordering something cheap from China, but the phone fits perfectly and the Mount has open holes for the speaker and camera. Only problem is that the suction disc is larger than oem ones so it has to be placed PERFECTLY center on my mounting pad or it doesn't stick. Not a big deal. Just takes a few tries and it's good to go. My only gripe with this phone is having the charge port and headphone jack on opposite ends. When in the mount and using the phone for music and navi, cords hang down both sides of my head unit. Makes using the climate control a little bit of a hassle. Lol

sent from Galaxy Note 2

duenan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So where does one get a mount like the op has?

I saw one on amazon but it was a cd mount, not the one the op has pictured.

Which one is better anyway or is it just a matter of preference?

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking about getting this one. How do you like it?

I also got that one due to this post and it works great as long as your display is below the cd player. If the cd player is above the display you can't see most of your display. It's a very sturdy mount that can be installed and taken down in less then 10 seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress