Major issue out of box or simple fix?

snydahh

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys:

I'm getting a Note 2 for Christmas and it came in the mail yesterday. My mom ordered it on one of her upgrade lines and I'm going to put it on my line Christmas morning by swapping sims. So today she asked me to activate it and then reactivate the old phone on that line but here is the problem. I inserted the SIM that Verizon sent, put the battery in and turned on the phone. In the setup wizard I get a message "no SIM card found" and under that it tells me to insert the SIM and turn the phone back on. Okay, did that, still no SIM found. So I put in my activated SIM, not found. Put in the activated SIm from my iPad 3, it wasn't found.

It seems like something is wrong with the SIM slot rather than the SIM cards but am wondering if there is possibly something I am not doing right. The SIM is pushed all the way in, so I know the SIM is situated inside of the phone correctly. Will Verizon give me a hard time about this. This phone arrived yesterday, so I don't want a replacement, if its broken I want a brand new, in box phone- not a refurb.

Coming from an iPhone 5 I was really excited about this phone but this just killed my buzz completely. If anyone could offer any help or is this definitely a "phone needs replacement issue"?

snydahh

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
But that doesn't explain why my other two activated SIM cards aren't working in it. However I appreciate your reply and I will activate the SIM that was sent with it and see if it works.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
But that doesn't explain why my other two activated SIM cards aren't working in it. However I appreciate your reply and I will activate the SIM that was sent with it and see if it works.

Verizon has a serial number that needs to match the phone and the sim on their network. Call them and tell them you want to activate it on a different line than the upgrade. It shouldn't be a problem

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

snydahh

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Again, the replies are appreciated. I called the number in the activation guide and went through the prompts. After I got the "order has been activated successfully" I put the SIM in and battery and still get "no SIM card found". I've left the SIM and battery in for the past 15 minutes and its still not detecting the SIM. I'm leaning towards something being wrong with the SIM slot right now. I will probably venture to Verizon tonight.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
You did activate your old phone on that line which deactivated the note 2 so you can transfer right? Then call customer service and get them to get it working on the line you want it on, don't give up.

snydahh

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to let you guys know I went to Verizon and it was a hardware issue. They put two activated SIM cards in the phone and it said no SIM found still. They also verified that the SIM that came with the phone had been activated by me. So without hassle they replaced it with a brand new boxed unit.

Thanks for the help guys!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer