Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 2 Dock

I check Samsung's site for the Note 2 dock a couple times a week and have yet to see it not be on back order. Is there anywhere I can buy this thing? I'd much rather get the 50% off but at this point, I'll pay the $100. Do Verizon stores sell this stuff?

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Default Re: Note 2 Dock

Ive see the universal galaxy dock at the att store. Did you try Amazon yet?

Sent via Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    Ive see the universal galaxy dock at the att store. Did you try Amazon yet?

Sent via Tapatalk
    Does that one have the 3 usb ports and hdmi out?

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Universal Smart Docking Station with HDMI and USB for Video and Peripherals (White): Computers & Accessories

Amazon as well has been out of stock!

I've got money down that says as soon as January is over we see these things magically come back in stock everywhere with a huge abundance.

Samsung waiting for those 50% off coupons to expire might just have to pull the trigger on an MHL adapter, OTG cable and the longer S Pen with eraser just for the sake of using the coupon.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies
    tetaganda likes this.

I bet you're right.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

My local Verizon store in Princeton, NJ has them in stock so I would imagine others do as well.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by jeff327 View Post
    My local Verizon store in Princeton, NJ has them in stock so I would imagine others do as well.
    That's the one i go to maybe ill pick one up

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by jeff327 View Post
    Dude, I have called very Verizon store in my area. Nothing!

I just ordered it from shopandroid. It's $10 off and free shipping since it is over $50. It says ill get it between January 14-16.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    infmethod likes this.

Did you order the White ($99.00) Note dock or the Black ($49.99) Galaxy Universal? And are these two docks exactly the same fit wise other then the price, color, and multimedia capabilities? I want a charging dock and that's it yet I don't want to pay more than I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Did you order the White ($99.00) Note dock or the Black ($49.99) Galaxy Universal? And are these two docks exactly the same fit wise other then the price, color, and multimedia capabilities? I want a charging dock and that's it yet I don't want to pay more than I need to.
    I ordered the white note 2 dock because I want the multiple usb and charging capability and stand.

I believe these two fit the note the same way. If you want just a charging dock, you might want this from amazon
    Samsung Note Travel Desktop Charging Dock
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0076Z3FUY/...idcentral00-20http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0076Z3FUY/...idcentral00-20

Hope it helps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    That's the one i go to maybe ill pick one up

I live near Princeton too! Monroe Twp. I will check out the Princeton Store this weekend....
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Just ordered. $76 bucks out the door with coupon code save15.
    Thanked by:
    tetaganda likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by infmethod View Post
    Just ordered. $76 bucks out the door with coupon code save15.
    Thanks for coupon tip. I :-D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    infmethod likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

This dock is sweet! Was playing gta 3 on my big screen with a ps3 controller! Hooked up a wireless keynoard/mouse combo and everything is plug and play!

Question, where can I find a usb to note 2 mini usb adapter? (For when I want to use the ps3 controller without the dock/big screen)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    I've got money down that says as soon as January is over we see these things magically come back in stock everywhere with a huge abundance.

Samsung waiting for those 50% off coupons to expire might just have to pull the trigger on an MHL adapter, OTG cable and the longer S Pen with eraser just for the sake of using the coupon.
    I think the 50% off coupon you get for registering your GN2 only applies to accessories under $49.99. If I remember correctly, check the fine print

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Razr ics rooted

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

This dock is sweet! Was playing gta 3 on my big screen with a ps3 controller! Hooked up a wireless keynoard/mouse combo and everything is plug and play!

Question, where can I find a usb to note 2 mini usb adapter? (For when I want to use the ps3 controller without the dock/big screen)

You want an otg (on the go) cable. Check Amazon and be sure to read reviews

Thanked by:

All of our stores in Boise Idaho have them. I bought 2 of them. Very handy. Wireless keyboard and mouse work great. Won't power up my passport HD though. It errors out. It is also formatted to fat 32. Works with my powered otg cable.
    Last edited by leroybrute; 01-15-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kgk1985 View Post
    I think the 50% off coupon you get for registering your GN2 only applies to accessories under $49.99. If I remember correctly, check the fine print
    Just checked my email with the coup, the $50 you're referring to is how much you have to spend to get free shipping. There is no limitation on the coupon itself other than it only applies to Samsung Mobile accessories.

And other users from 2 months ago have already reported using the coupon on the dock. It's too bad Verizon is freaking fail and took ages to get it on their network. These things were in stock just fine back when the AT&T Note 2 launched. Now they're all gone and I'm waiting till the very last day of my coupon's life before I give in and buy everything I need but the dock. Rather use it than see it wasted on nothing.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Global Posts
    10,397 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Been through several threads and I must say, it is nice to read a thread full of WIN!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

So after posting about buying one on amazon I decided to try to make my own. It looks like a butcher did it but it works lol. I took an old charging cable and I took apart a wall charge that stopped working a long time ago. I took out the female usb port from the wall charger. I cut off the end of the charging cable and soldered it to the female usb.

Then I took apart the casing on the micro usb side and realized it was encased with silcone so I was going to give up but decided to get this done. So I took the soldering iron and melted through till I hit the pin I wanted to solder. I soldered the wire then did the same on the other side and I was done.

Hooked up my thumb drive and it automatically connected.

infmethod likes this.

The Android Central store shipped my Smart Dock and it should arrive this week. $75 or whatever isn't too bad considering it's normally $100.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Is it me or am I missing something? My dock just arrived today and Im a little disappointed. So with 3 USB ports, I cannot use them all at the same time. I tried plugging in the wireless keyboard/mouse receiver on one, a USB drive on another one. My note 2 would only read one device at a time.

I have another setup with a 4-in-1 OTG + 4-port USB hub. I can all ports in the hub at the same time.

Note 2 Dock-uploadfromtaptalk1358235250296.jpg

Is it really how the dock works?

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by tetaganda View Post
    Is it me or am I missing something? My dock just arrived today and Im a little disappointed. So with 3 USB ports, I cannot use them all at the same time. I tried plugging in the wireless keyboard/mouse receiver on one, a USB drive on another one. My note 2 would only read one device at a time.

I have another setup with a 4-in-1 OTG + 4-port USB hub. I can all ports in the hub at the same time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1358235250296.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	56779

Is it really how the dock works?

This is the dock that this thread is about.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Just curious, if left in the dock fully charged, will that ruin the battery over time faster than letting it drain like normal?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast