Really annoyed by a 'feature' of this phone

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Nobody else except ATT had the Note 1. What does that have to do with anything? Verizon has always sold Samsung. The funny thing is their best selling phones is the DROID line. If you had the way they operate so much why not go somewhere else? It's also nothing new that Verizon gets updates out last. The S3 was also last out on Verizon.

Tired of people complaining. If you don't like it go to one of the other carriers. I think some of the things Verizon does are annoying, but would also stay because they have the fastest growing LTE market and best coverage.

Edit: You mention the unlimited, go to T-Mobile or Sprint and get their unlimited?

Edit 2: lol at the customers should always be right remark. If that was the case every company would go under.

Sent from my Note 2 using Android Central Forums

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't like multi window. I think it is pointless on a phone. It would be nice on anything that is 8 inches or more. I haven't found any uses for it yet. I know some people love it but it isn't for me.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't like multi window. I think it is pointless on a phone. It would be nice on anything that is 8 inches or more. I haven't found any uses for it yet. I know some people love it but it isn't for me.

Ya I actually don't even use it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Nobody else except ATT had the Note 1. What does that have to do with anything? Verizon has always sold Samsung. The funny thing is their best selling phones is the DROID line. If you had the way they operate so much why not go somewhere else? It's also nothing new that Verizon gets updates out last. The S3 was also last out on Verizon.

Except the other carriers (besides Sprint) could use the International versions of the phones. So even though you couldn't get it direct through your carrier you could still get them and use them on your network.

Tired of people complaining. If you don't like it go to one of the other carriers. I think some of the things Verizon does are annoying, but would also stay because they have the fastest growing LTE market and best coverage.

Edit: You mention the unlimited, go to T-Mobile or Sprint and get their unlimited?

I mention unlimited because I still have it on that high quality network. When the day comes they take it away from me, then I will leave for a different carrier. Until then I'm not giving it up.

Edit 2: lol at the customers should always be right remark. If that was the case every company would go under.

You must enjoy spending great deals of money and not getting exactly what you pay for. Wish I could afford to be that careless with my money.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Except the other carriers (besides Sprint) could use the International versions of the phones. So even though you couldn't get it direct through your carrier you could still get them and use them on your network.

International Versions didn't work in the U.S. for the S3 if that is what you are referring too. Not on Verizon anyway.
I mention unlimited because I still have it on that high quality network. When the day comes they take it away from me, then I will leave for a different carrier. Until then I'm not giving it up.

And go where? To ATT and there "average" network, and same tiered data plans? Or T-Mobile with there unlimited data, unsub'd phones and terrible Network coverage? Or Sprint, with everything I just mentioned about T-Mobile minus the unsub'd phones? How does that exactly "benefit you"? I really want to know. Because ya great, you will have a phone (which technically you can have with Verizon also), that can do everything you want, on slow network speeds and terrible coverage....
You must enjoy spending great deals of money and not getting exactly what you pay for. Wish I could afford to be that careless with my money.
Actually I do get what I pay for. The best, largest and fastest network I can get. Not to mentioned the fastest growing LTE market by FAR of all the major carriers. Getting what I pay for goes way beyond just the phones (which the company actually loses money on, big time). I mean if I wanted a wifi device with all the features I would just get a Nexus 7 (oh wait I have one).

Go ahead and leave "Big Red". But if you leave for the other "unlimited" companies such as Sprint and T-Mobile, it's only a matter of time before they go to tiered data too. Right now it's about gaining customers for them. I had Sprint and it's unlimited, it was terrible. I had a fancy S2 (when it first came out) that was a wifi device most of the time because my speeds were so horrible. Funniest thing is Verizon's 3G speeds were almost as good as Sprint's failed WiMax.

I don't get people, you keep saying "VERIZON KEEPS DOING THIS" but still stick around. Idk why you keep complaining every time if they "always" do things like this.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
International Versions didn't work in the U.S. for the S3 if that is what you are referring too. Not on Verizon anyway.

And go where? To ATT and there "average" network, and same tiered data plans? Or T-Mobile with there unlimited data, unsub'd phones and terrible Network coverage? Or Sprint, with everything I just mentioned about T-Mobile minus the unsub'd phones? How does that exactly "benefit you"? I really want to know. Because ya great, you will have a phone (which technically you can have with Verizon also), that can do everything you want, on slow network speeds and terrible coverage....

Actually I do get what I pay for. The best, largest and fastest network I can get. Not to mentioned the fastest growing LTE market by FAR of all the major carriers. Getting what I pay for goes way beyond just the phones (which the company actually loses money on, big time). I mean if I wanted a wifi device with all the features I would just get a Nexus 7 (oh wait I have one).

Go ahead and leave "Big Red". But if you leave for the other "unlimited" companies such as Sprint and T-Mobile, it's only a matter of time before they go to tiered data too. Right now it's about gaining customers for them. I had Sprint and it's unlimited, it was terrible. I had a fancy S2 (when it first came out) that was a wifi device most of the time because my speeds were so horrible. Funniest thing is Verizon's 3G speeds were almost as good as Sprint's failed WiMax.

I don't get people, you keep saying "VERIZON KEEPS DOING THIS" but still stick around. Idk why you keep complaining every time if they "always" do things like this.

Did I personally attack you? Do you work for Verizon? Is there some reason you are so butthurt over my disgust in what Verizon did to this phone?

Because you're sure acting like it. How old are you?

Your post is such a convoluted mess of fanboism that I don't even know where to begin. So instead of humoring you with a point by point response, just open your eyes and accept reality. Verizon f***s with phones. There's nothing to argue about. Nothing. And unless you're actually an employee for Verizon I can't understand why you would spit so much in their favor.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Did I personally attack you? Do you work for Verizon? Is there some reason you are so butthurt over my disgust in what Verizon did to this phone?

Because you're sure acting like it. How old are you?

Your post is such a convoluted mess of fanboism that I don't even know where to begin. So instead of humoring you with a point by point response, just open your eyes and accept reality. Verizon f***s with phones. There's nothing to argue about. Nothing. And unless you're actually an employee for Verizon I can't understand why you would spit so much in their favor.

Don't think I personally attack you either. And really with the age line? I said Verizon does things to their phones I don't like. But my argument is I am getting what I paid for, which is the best coverage in the USA. If it was all about the phone and its features I would have chose another carrier. You can call me a fan boy all you want, but going on the way you attack attack attack, you are the polar opposite of me. Or a troll in here for reactions.

I have had every one of the major carriers at some point. I have even left Verizon for some of the reasons you are so hell bent on. But ultimately I come back because they always have the best coverage and still have the fastest growing network, and more importantly LTE network of all the major carriers. Yes, I have to deal with phones that have things locked down, but at least I know it will work anywhere I need it to. And if that makes me a fan boy then whatever. :what:

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress