Note 2 / Samsung Account "sync Disabled" !!!!!

tcdpilot

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
New member and new Note 2 owner, if this already exists, I could not find it!!!!!!! Sorry!!!!!
Device works and performs ok except when entering the Samsung Account in "Accounts"... it logs in and account is shown as "Sync Disabled" !!!!
I have 2 other Samsungs with no problems, they show a green sync circle and the items to be synched, on mine there is no list below the email address in the second page, and my circle is greyed out !
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated,
Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(BTW- this is my second phone, the first did the same thing and was replaced, no problem... it had other issues as well.... this one is perfect except the above mentioned prob...)
Again, thank you !!!!!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
New member and new Note 2 owner, if this already exists, I could not find it!!!!!!! Sorry!!!!!
Device works and performs ok except when entering the Samsung Account in "Accounts"... it logs in and account is shown as "Sync Disabled" !!!!
I have 2 other Samsungs with no problems, they show a green sync circle and the items to be synched, on mine there is no list below the email address in the second page, and my circle is greyed out !
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated,
Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(BTW- this is my second phone, the first did the same thing and was replaced, no problem... it had other issues as well.... this one is perfect except the above mentioned prob...)
Again, thank you !!!!!

I have the exact same issue if someone has a fix. I also have a wifi Galaxy Note 10.1 where the Samsung account syncs with no problems. The advantage is s-note syncing, etc. I have a workaround for the s- note sync using Drop sync, but I would prefer that everything work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tcdpilot

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
thanks for your comments...
after long talks with Samsung and Verizon I was just told the problem is in the software installed by Vzn as an UPDATE to Samsung account.... it disables the S account Sync making it useless...
It appears not to be on purpose but it is going to take a lot of us users to insist they fix the error...
I will keep posting updates to this post....
Again tks!!!!!!!

tcdpilot

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
the Samsung Account Sync app allows you to sync various Samsung devices directly plus you can sync Snotes etc... between say 2 tablets and 3 phones for example an all will be synched, the problem is that Vzn has blocked apparently inadvertedly the Samsung sync app in all of the N2's which in my case for example renders my N 10.1/GS 3/ Tab 2- 7.0 nonexistant and transparent in ref to my N2....
JIC, no, I do not use Google...
So if you would like to use the S Account, pls contact verizon and ask them to please release the S Account app...
Tks!!!!

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Same here....I figured out I could sync my SNotes through the samsung account so I made one and logged in on both devices but sync is greyed out and disabled on my Note2 but works fine on my 10.1 :/

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the 10.1 to specifically be able to do this......damn vzw! I have put up with a lot from them, but this one might be the last thing.....

lasmith88

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have note 10.1 and note 2(from us cellular). I have the same problem but my sync on 10.1 is disabled too. It is syncing with something because I keep losing s notes. But I have no idea. Is it from the newest update?

N8shon

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 2 / Samsung Account "sync Disabled" !!!!!

I literally just bought a Note 10.1 tablet partly for this purpose, got everything setup, and now I encounter this problem. I have the Verizon Galaxy Note 2 and the White 16Gb 10.1 tablet. Man this is so stupid and frustrating. I guess it's time to get on the phone with VZW and Samsung, and send some emails as well. This is ridiculous and so unnecessary. If anyone gets a workaround going or figures out a way to enable to the Samsung account sync again on the VZW Note 2, please let me know. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Any luck with this?

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
If your rooted.......cleanrom ace. Stock, debloated, or not, and it syncs. Gps has to be locked in though after flashing, but mine is working great. Thats my work around!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

dominhk

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I've been having the "sync disabled" problem too, with my google stuff. As with some otehr folks there is NO option to enable sync in my setting menus any more, this is since the latest Andriod update. I'm using a Note GT-N7000 with Android 4.1.2. I'm in Hong Kong, so the problem isn't with just one server.

I solved the problem for the google stuff by accident.

On your phone/tab open gmail.

Touch the menu key and choose Settings.

Choose yourname@gmail.com

On the next menu is a Data Usage section, the first option is Sync Gmail.

Even though it is greyed out, select Sync Gmail.

I then got a pop-up message saying I can't sync Gmail because sync is disabled (keep clam at this point) BUT it also gave the option to enable sync!

Choose to enable!

After that my gmail and google calendar were back to auto-sync!

Hope this helps.

CPSLOMATT

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung galaxy note 8 and had the same problem. Here is what fixed it for me:

Settings > Data Usage > tap menu soft key > select "Auto sync data" from pop up menu.

Now go back to settings> accounts and sync has been re-enabled. Hope this helps.

darkcomartist

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks CPSLOMATT however the problem isn't with the note 8, it's with Verizon's update that blocks the note 2 from syncing with Samsung's account. I have a note 2 (verizon) and note 8 however my note 2 is the one with the issue. I would like a fix that didn't involved rooting my note however if it comes to that I'll have to root it.

Ali Moustafa

May 6, 2013
Visit site
problem only occurs if you try or delete gmail account and re activate it,its simple to rest,go to gmail settings and where it says activate or remove the account just tap on activate and problem solved.

egirlgo

May 15, 2013
Visit site
To CPSLOMATT - your instructions worked like a charm!! I spent 2 hours on the phone with Verizon yesterday after their update last week messed up all my settings and they couldn't fix anything. Thank you so much.

pringles3030

May 18, 2013
Visit site
The exact menu options were a little different, but you set me on the write track. After I turned on the sync option all the stuff started loading. Here's hoping that when I start up new note2 all is ok.

cici326

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
This actually worked on all accounts... Thank You so much!

Hi everyone, I've been having the "sync disabled" problem too, with my google stuff. As with some otehr folks there is NO option to enable sync in my setting menus any more, this is since the latest Andriod update. I'm using a Note GT-N7000 with Android 4.1.2. I'm in Hong Kong, so the problem isn't with just one server.

I solved the problem for the google stuff by accident.

On your phone/tab open gmail.

Touch the menu key and choose Settings.

Choose yourname@gmail.com

On the next menu is a Data Usage section, the first option is Sync Gmail.

Even though it is greyed out, select Sync Gmail.

I then got a pop-up message saying I can't sync Gmail because sync is disabled (keep clam at this point) BUT it also gave the option to enable sync!

Choose to enable!

After that my gmail and google calendar were back to auto-sync!

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non