Is there a case that's big enough to disguise my VZW Note 2 as a 7-inch tablet?

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

Currently using the Otterbox Defender, but it still looks a little smaller than a 7-inch tablet... :(

I want to be able to use my Galaxy Note 2 at a location that bans smartphones, but permits tablets. (yes, I know, I know)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
No I doubt it. Didn't know places banned smartphones. Just use it where allowed! :rolleyes:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

Currently using the Otterbox Defender, but it still looks a little smaller than a 7-inch tablet... :(

I want to be able to use my Galaxy Note 2 at a location that bans smartphones, but permits tablets. (yes, I know, I know)

I know what you mean, I worked at a place that allowed tablets during work hours but if they saw a cell phone you would be put on report. The thought being cell phones were being used for personal use and games. The owner was old and didn't understand technology, thought a tablet was a computer without keyboards so we all bought tablets and put the same stuff we used on cell on tablet. I would still have rather have used my phone because its more portable ect. Glad I don't work there anymore.

As for the case I think it would be impossible to make a 5.5/6 in device look like a 7 in device. I mean that is a large difference.

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I know what you mean, I worked at a place that allowed tablets during work hours but if they saw a cell phone you would be put on report. The thought being cell phones were being used for personal use and games. The owner was old and didn't understand technology, thought a tablet was a computer without keyboards so we all bought tablets and put the same stuff we used on cell on tablet. I would still have rather have used my phone because its more portable ect. Glad I don't work there anymore.

As for the case I think it would be impossible to make a 5.5/6 in device look like a 7 in device. I mean that is a large difference.

sad to hear that I'm not the only one in similar situations... except in my case, it's a multinational corporation that has weird rules. :(

I'm going to check out the Otterbox Defender case for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 tablets. Perhaps I can customize it and make the Note 2 with Otterbox Defender case fit in there? :D

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What is their definition of tablet? Some consider the dell streak 5 to be a tablet...

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Think hard before you think of flaunting the workplace rules and evaluate whether it is really worth it since companies often frown upon rule breakers.

I use my tablet for Skype calls(to other Skype users or to landline/mobile numbers) and the company was okay with it. Even GrooveIP was okay. When I pulled out my new Note 2 to doodle some notes, I was warned that no phones allowed, even after I showed them that the Note 2 was in airplane mode. They actually have an acrylic box at the company entrace that says "if your device is a mobile phone and fits through this slot, please power if off now" (tablets are permitted because they don't fit through the hole... which is almost the same size as my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0) Yes, it's built like the thing that airlines use to check your carry-on bag's size. :(

Don't say it... there is no logic here. :(

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I never understood those goofy rules smh:rolleyes: what can't u do on the tablet u can do on the note 2????

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I never understood those goofy rules smh:rolleyes: what can't u do on the tablet u can do on the note 2????

it's as silly as the TSA confiscating Swiss Army knives of airline pilots who are on their way to work on commercial passenger jets... what's the point?

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Don't say it... there is no logic here. :(

Don't get me wrong, all I'm saying is in this day and age it may be better to conform to silly inconsequential rules than to be the one to make waves. I've worked with many companies where executives are brought in to clean house from previous regimes and the first thing they do is roll out silly rules and establish to-do's that can never be done successfully just to see who the malcontents are and who will go forward with impossible task. Of course everyone's situation is different.

Back on topic,....buy a flip case and keep the screen on calendar so that if anyone asks you can show them your personal calendar device.

ezas

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My guess would be that the perception is that someone can surreptitiously take a photo with a mobile phone and send it 'out'. While a tab is harder to take a photo without being noticed and you are most likely on a secure guest network.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
This is not worth losing your job over. I wouldn't do it. I know its hard to understand but it is company policy. Value your job first. Not worth it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

threepackape

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, all I'm saying is in this day and age it may be better to conform to silly inconsequential rules than to be the one to make waves. I've worked with many companies where executives are brought in to clean house from previous regimes and the first thing they do is roll out silly rules and establish to-do's that can never be done successfully just to see who the malcontents are and who will go forward with impossible task. Of course everyone's situation is different.

Back on topic,....buy a flip case and keep the screen on calendar so that if anyone asks you can show them your personal calendar device.

I agree with you. :) Fortunately, they can't fire me over there. The only way I'll be kicked out is if the company ceases operations.(which will probably happen if gas goes above $6)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you. :) Fortunately, they can't fire me over there. The only way I'll be kicked out is if the company ceases operations.(which will probably happen if gas goes above $6)

What do you do? And are you related to the owner because I have learned (from experience unfortunatley) that everyone is expendable.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
sad to hear that I'm not the only one in similar situations... except in my case, it's a multinational corporation that has weird rules. :(

I'm going to check out the Otterbox Defender case for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 tablets. Perhaps I can customize it and make the Note 2 with Otterbox Defender case fit in there? :D

Well best of luck with that :) let me know!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
And plus with all the crazyness going on in these schools and workplaces I'll be damn if I don't gotta line for help. U can't take a landline and run in hide FYI. Its more uses for cell phones than Facebook and angry birds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch