Anyone using Plantronics Voyager Legend/Pro?

DvineMzM

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking at purchasing the Voyager Legend bluetooth for my GN2 and I'm wondering if it's worth the money. I really like the earpieces with the extended mic and this one has pretty good reviews, I'm just wondering what the real world usage is like.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
The Voyagers are great but have crappy noise cancellation. I still think the BlueAnt Q2 out performed it. I had the Voyager and Voyager Pro as well as the Q2 and the Q2 became my go-to headset.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the Pro and it is still going strong after almost 2 years. It works very well IMO. I have had many BT devices and this is the best one i have had.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

DvineMzM

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the Pro and it is still going strong after almost 2 years. It works very well IMO. I have had many BT devices and this is the best one i have had.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

I really like the look of the voyager but that means nothing if it doesn't work. How does the in car/ outdoor call quality rate to you? I'm a little concerned considering the other posts POV (50/50 rating it seems so far)?

maryhalltworound

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
The Voyagers are great but have crappy noise cancellation. I still think the BlueAnt Q2 out performed it. I had the Voyager and Voyager Pro as well as the Q2 and the Q2 became my go-to headset.

they are crappy? Are you talking about the Voyage Legend?

I bought the Voyager Legend from the Verizon corporate store for $75. When paired with my
VZW Galaxy Note 2, it's absolutely the best bluetooth headset I've ever used.The noise
cancellation is great. I can have a conversation with someone while I'm standing at the
kitchen sink doing dishes and the caller can't hear any background noise. All he/she hears
is my voice.

I'm extermely anal when it comes to bluetooth headsets and I bought more than 17
within one week to try them all. (Plantronics, Jabra, Motorola and other brands, with prices ranging
from almost $200 to cheap ones under $50) I returned the other 16 and kept only the Voyager Legend. :)
To be fair, even the Voyage Legend isn't 100% perfect because I do hate its charging connector,
but it's has the best sound and noise cancellation quality of the 17 the I tried. It really annoyed my
friends when I kept calling them during that week to test each and every headset. :)

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
they are crappy? Are you talking about the Voyage Legend?

I bought the Voyager Legend from the Verizon corporate store for $75. When paired with my
VZW Galaxy Note 2, it's absolutely the best bluetooth headset I've ever used.The noise
cancellation is great. I can have a conversation with someone while I'm standing at the
kitchen sink doing dishes and the caller can't hear any background noise. All he/she hears
is my voice.

I'm extermely anal when it comes to bluetooth headsets and I bought more than 17
within one week to try them all. (Plantronics, Jabra, Motorola and other brands, with prices ranging
from almost $200 to cheap ones under $50) I returned the other 16 and kept only the Voyager Legend. :)
To be fair, even the Voyage Legend isn't 100% perfect because I do hate its charging connector,
but it's has the best sound and noise cancellation quality of the 17 the I tried. It really annoyed my
friends when I kept calling them during that week to test each and every headset. :)

I said, the Voyager and Voyager Pro I had had crappy noise cancellation. If you really want to try a great headset, try the Q2.

DvineMzM

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I said, the Voyager and Voyager Pro I had had crappy noise cancellation. If you really want to try a great headset, try the Q2.

Q2 doesn't have the mic extension does it? That's a feature I like on the Legend (probably doesn't really do much but I feel like people could hear me better with it).

ksb63

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the HD . Killed two jawbones in a month then next month two blue ants died. HD is still going strong at almost two years. If noise canceling is important nothing beats the jawbones but for day to day use Plantronics is best (at least for me).
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

DvineMzM

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the HD . Killed two jawbones in a month then next month two blue ants died. HD is still going strong at almost two years. If noise canceling is important nothing beats the jawbones but for day to day use Plantronics is best (at least for me).
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Ordering the voyager legend later today... we'll see how it goes.

ghdavis

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi... I am using a Plantronics Voyager Pro HD which I believe is about identical to yours in electronics anyway. I have been using it for over a year now and I am still enjoying it a lot and I have tried virtually every style of Earpiece that there is, lol. Other that use with the phone, I use it for the Radio quite a bit. If I go into a store like COSTCO for an hour say, then I go to IHeart radio, fire up my program and start shopping. Get a call it shifts to the call and then back to the broadcast. The only downside and it may not be for you but, because of the size of the boom mike and the fact that it even has one, it can feel a little conspicuous for you until you get used to the idea and then it's so comfortable that you forget that you even have it on, really!...

Good Luck

Radar Rider

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
I know I'm coming to this thread late but I just wanted to tell everyone that I've even been able to hold a conversation with my oldest son while I was using the push mower on the lawn.
He was surprised when I mentioned it since he didn't hear it at all!

I'm talking about the Plantronics Legend.
I've had a couple of small issues with it but noise cancellation has not been one of them!