How do I stop the incoming call announcements?

cccgina1

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
When I get a call lately, my phone says, incoming call from so-and-so. Nice and loud. incoming text too. Where do I turn that off?
Thanks!

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
When I get a call lately, my phone says, incoming call from so-and-so. Nice and loud. incoming text too. Where do I turn that off?
Thanks!

Change your ringtone for incoming calls to a ringer type instead of the announcement under phone calls where you can choose a new ringtone. Same with text messages.

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Try going into settings and accessibility and see if talk back is on that may help

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

pbuscemi

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Press phone to show the dialer
in the upper right corner press the three vertical dots below "favorites"
select "settings"
select "caller id readout"
select "ring only"

Elaine99c

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I press the phone and there is no 3 dots, only shows keypade logs favorites and contacts on the top!!!!!!!!!! It's not on driving mode went into setting accessibility and talk back is off I am going crazy and don't know what to do.:(

ikroot

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
On my Verizon phone there is an app called "Caller Name ID" that can't be uninstalled. But I went in and disabled it, and it finally stopped the name announcing.
What a nuisance!

poedroid

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with unwanted caller announcement. when it happened last ihut the button to show all open apps and the culprit seemed to be Motorola Assist (I have a Moto X). maybe it got stuck on driving mode. I manually closed the app and hopefully that will solve it.

MariaPerez

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Go to Setting and then select APPS. Make sure you are under ALL APPS. Look for the one called Moto Assist Talk to Me and disable.
You can still take advantage of the Moto Assist APP for when you are driving only without having to deal with this annoying feature on non-stop. Disabling the Caller ID APP did nothing to resolve this issue.

Ooops....correction..you cannot use the Moto Assist APP....I just read this issue is a known bug where the phone once it activates the APP when you are driving doesn't revert back...so until a fix is identified, as mentioned before it can be disabled but the functionality is lost

Last edited:

lparisss

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I found it and I could not find any of the answers here that were applicable. Go to settings, go down to 'apps' and then go down to 'talkback' and do a force stop. It took me forever to figure this out and I got no answers from googling it that worked.

jeyglo

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
Setting >sound & notification > under ADVANCED SETTING > more > message / call voice notification use the three dots menu > under READ OUT LOUD turn off calls

For LG stylus 2

Also realise that if you have a second app for contact list CallApp or some like that, you might go to it setting and turn it off too ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty