My VZW Note 2's battery life suddenly dropped to less than 8 hours after I started using Google Now

Sarah_Kirschbaum

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I rarely use Google Now, so it's always been turned off.

After reading a recent post on the front page of AndroidCentral, I decided to give Google Now another try.

It worked fine. I only see 4 or 5 cards at a time after 3 days. (baseball score, weather, location alert etc)

However, the battery life suddenly dropped to less than 8 hours after a full charge. I used to get at least
two days of use out of it. I looked into the setup menu. There's no indication on what app is using up
all the battery. Here's what it's showing:

0d 7h 47m 23s on battery
Screen 36% (6h 8m 56s)
Android System 20% (1h 9m 22s)
Android OS 11% (43m 11s)
Media Server 7% (37m 52s)
Maps 2% (7m 56s)

Yesterday morning, I turned off Google Now and charged the battery from 11% to 100%.
It is still going strong as of right now. (47% left)

What exactly is Google Now using that's causing so much battery drain?

RazorDroid

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had that same issue on 2 different phones now, an HTC Rezound, and my Galaxy S3. Uninstall updates to Google search, and do not use Google Now, and you should see much better battery life. That sucks, because I really like Google Now, but can't have that kind of drain on my phone. Google hasn't admitted to it yet, but Now is a battery drainer.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I use google now and do not have any battery issues thus far on my note 2....even on my S3...I had poor battery life but it was due to me having an app checking for facebook notifications every min....I LOVE google now...I also Unistalled all the google and carrier stuff I didnt need...and turned the settings off on the others for updating and etc....

And our percentages of what you listed are about the same and im at 60% battery 7hrs and 48 mins

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87