World clock constantly appearing when making calls

SoCalBeachBum

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
My rant about Android and a few questions:

Recently, when making a call, the world clock appears and requires a bunch of clicks to close. Anyone else have this happen?

Additionally, I have Verizon and there does not seem to be a way to decide which call to end (hang up) when dealing with more than one call. This to me is a 'fatal flaw' for a phone: my job involves lots of phone work, and it is not uncommon for me to be on a call and receive another. Very irritating that I can't end either call without hanging up on both. I have talked to Verizon and they have acknowledged this to be the case. However, I am wondering if anyone has any different experience to note.

Things I dislike about Android and the Note 2:

1. The above. I love the size of the Note 2, but for a phone, not being able to have more control over a call is a cardinal sin.
2. Moving from one app to another kludgy. I should be able to go from a call to my email client without having to minimize one app. at a time. (I think the new Blackberry has a very cool way to doing so.)
3. Without rooting, it seems I can't shut down Google Search, Hangouts, Plus, Maps, etc. These apps are needlessly draining the battery and it would be great to actually be able to have more control my phone.
4. Multi Window: still pretty much tits on a boar. Stock browser terrible, but I can't use Navigation, Dolphin, etc. in the window. Same with lots of other apps. C'mon, give me more control.
5. Contact control: no reason to not allow 5 tiles up top: getting to Groups a pain.
6. When on a call, and the screen goes dark, getting back to the call control is a pain. Should be a very simple process - after all, this is supposed to be a smart phone!
7. Top row of permanent tiles: I would love to have the ability to hide these. I don't always want to see Airplane Mode and AllShare Cast.

Rant over. Suggestions on how to better use Android and Note 2 welcome. Love the size, but first and foremost I need a phone, which this seems to be mediocre at.

Last edited:

Christopher Matthews Jr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Agreed! I should've been more specific in my post. I apologize!

Besides the call related problem, rooting will definitely help with the other problems you mentioned!

Tapatalked from my Nexus 10

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
My rant about Android and a few questions:

Recently, when making a call, the world clock appears and requires a bunch of clicks to close. Anyone else have this happen?

Additionally, I have Verizon and there does not seem to be a way to decide which call to end (hang up) when dealing with more than one call. This to me is a 'fatal flaw' for a phone: my job involves lots of phone work, and it is not uncommon for me to be on a call and receive another. Very irritating that I can't end either call without hanging up on both. I have talked to Verizon and they have acknowledged this to be the case. However, I am wondering if anyone has any different experience to note.

Things I dislike about Android and the Note 2:

1. The above. I love the size of the Note 2, but for a phone, not being able to have more control over a call is a cardinal sin.
2. Moving from one app to another kludgy. I should be able to go from a call to my email client without having to minimize one app. at a time. (I think the new Blackberry has a very cool way to doing so.)
3. Without rooting, it seems I can't shut down Google Search, Hangouts, Plus, Maps, etc. These apps are needlessly draining the battery and it would be great to actually be able to have more control my phone.
4. Multi Window: still pretty much tits on a boar. Stock browser terrible, but I can't use Navigation, Dolphin, etc. in the window. Same with lots of other apps. C'mon, give me more control.
5. Contact control: no reason to not allow 5 tiles up top: getting to Groups a pain.
6. When on a call, and the screen goes dark, getting back to the call control is a pain. Should be a very simple process - after all, this is supposed to be a smart phone!
7. Top row of permanent tiles: I would love to have the ability to hide these. I don't always want to see Airplane Mode and AllShare Cast.

Rant over. Suggestions on how to better use Android and Note 2 welcome. Love the size, but first and foremost I need a phone, which this seems to be mediocre at.

I think you've raised some valid concerns, and will try to help provide a few observations or suggestions where I have some experience.

3. Go to Application Manager, then select the app, then select Disable.
5. Groups are available once the Contacts are opened. Can you share more about the five tiles? I have a Contacts app icon on my home screen.

As Christopher noted, rooting will definitely give you much more control. Many of the custom ROMs have apps that allow tuning which toggles are shown in the Notification bar.

k9kelvin

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Having the same problem with world clock screen appearing during almost every phone call. Driving me crazy! If anyone has suggestions on addressing this I would really appreciate it.

tonydplumber

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here with my note 2. Just tried changing the settings in the phone App and check the box for Auto screen off during call, in call settings. I think it has been working so far . Just need more time to make sure it is a fix.

Posted via Android Central App

jcraig1234

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I too am having these problems. The Clock app came with the phone and cannot be disabled. The most you can do is Force stop, Clear data and Clear cache.

jcraig1234

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I just chatted with Samsung tech support. They said to go to Settings>Date and Time>Automatic time zone and UNCHECK that option. Hopefully it will work.

Thomas Ballis

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
This is not a Samsung Issue, Nor is it an android issue. Its a Verizon issue... They caused this issue with the software through the horrible mods they incorporate into android. U cant even use Samsung Kies to back up your Samsung phone if you have Verizon. Verizon SUCKS

monicava

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with the world clock appearing during a call. Very annoying! I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 with Verizon. I tried going to Settings>Date and Time>Automatic time zone and unchecking that option. It didn't work. Anyone else find a solution?

dlindeken1

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
This started when I upgraded to 4.3 Seems the that when on call either my ear is hitting the small clock in the corner Capture.JPGor it is popping up on its own. I have turned on the Turn off screen during calls and this seems to have fixed it. The time zone feature didn't do anything. I have T-Mobile so it is not a carrier issue.

thewizzzrd

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
world clock fix. when you hold your phone up to your ear the screen should automatically black out. This would stop the world clock from coming on. You must set the proximately setting to on.
make a call, to the left of the persons face pic hit the round icon. This will not work if you are on speaker phone. Your screen should immediately black out when you hold it to your ear.

roburban

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
how do i find proximity settings? i'm hoping that will fix it before this phone goes in the dumpster. this just started happening after the latest droid update so it's definitely droid related.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer