How do I record my telephone calls?

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm in a bit of a harassment situation right now and I want to record my phone calls. I would like to record them all, outgoing and incoming automatically if possible.
Any advise on doing this? This is not illegal as long as one person in the phone conversation knows the call is being recorded. That would be me.
Thanks,
Rob

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
apparently it is

Recording Phone Calls and Conversations | Digital Media Law Project

Who must give permission to record a telephone or in-person conversation?

Federal law permits recording telephone calls and in-person conversations with the consent of at least one of the parties. See 18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(d). This is called a "one-party consent" law. Under a one-party consent law, you can record a phone call or conversation so long as you are a party to the conversation. Furthermore, if you are not a party to the conversation, a "one-party consent" law will allow you to record the conversation or phone call so long as your source consents and has full knowledge that the communication will be recorded.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
so basically you cant record 2 other people talking unless one of them knows and approves of it but you can record any call you are part of

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for your trouble but I can go to Play and search for apps.
I was wanting to know if there was a feature in the Note II to do this or maybe someone had a suggestion for an app they've used and liked.
Thanks again,
Rob

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
No, I don't think the phones do this sort of nefarious thing by themselves. Please forgive, we do get many a visitor that do not search the Play store for themselves. Perhaps one of our co-conspirators has indeed had some experience with an app that worked well.

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I decided to try "Call Recorder" free version.
Briefly, someone has been making harassing phone calls to me and has been told to stop. I blocked calls coming from that person's phone but they have used other phones to call me.
I am expecting a threat anytime and a recording of the threat may help me get a restraining order and possibly an arrest and prosecution.
Nobody should take these things lightly these days.
And it is legal to record phone conversations as long as one person in the conversation knows a recording is being made.
Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how the app works for me. If it works well, I'll pay for the Pro version.
Rob

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If you put the call on speakerphone it should give you an option to record.
I'm in a bit of a harassment situation right now and I want to record my phone calls. I would like to record them all, outgoing and incoming automatically if possible.
Any advise on doing this? This is not illegal as long as one person in the phone conversation knows the call is being recorded. That would be me.
Thanks,
Rob

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
There are recorders that would work perfect. You put in an ear piece and put the phone up to it. It records you And the person on the line. Not that expensive either.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
"Call Recorder" app works great. All I had to do was change the AUDIO SOURCE from "Phone Line" to "Mic". All calls incoming and outgoing are fully recorded even one that lasted about an hour.
Thanks for the help,
Rob

GeekCop

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Some of the custom ROMs have this as an option. I'm currently running Beans Build 22 and I have this available. Another reason to flash custom, if you don't already

FSU30

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Reiterating the aforementioned posts, I as well bought Call Recorder Pro and am soooo glad I found this thread! Thank you for the excellent help!

Posted via Android Central App