[ROM] Official CM10 Nightlies on your GS3!

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
All these problems.... Running smooth here. Not bragging, just saying....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

One small thing in 2 months of running CM10...which was fixed upon reboot...don't even get me started on the problems I had running AOKP build 2

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
One small thing in 2 months of running CM10...which was fixed upon reboot...don't even get me started on the problems I had running AOKP build 2

Just wondering, when you flashed the new gapps, how did you do it?

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering, when you flashed the new gapps, how did you do it?

Just wipe cache/dalvic then install...should work right??...however that didn't work for flashing cm10 kernel back over lean kernel...I just realized today I'm still on lean

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Just wipe cache/dalvic then install...should work right??...however that didn't work for flashing cm10 kernel back over lean kernel...I just realized today I'm still on lean

Yeah that should work. When ever I flashed, I do cache twice, delvic twice, then system, once. Then reboot. Then I check everything once rebooted, then reboot one more time. That's just me though..

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that should work. When ever I flashed, I do cache twice, delvic twice, then system, once. Then reboot. Then I check everything once rebooted, then reboot one more time. That's just me though..

What do you mean by system?....I don't have a wipe system or anything like that do you mean format system?

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by system?....I don't have a wipe system or anything like that do you mean format system?

I have TWRP recovery, and there is a system button under the delvic button. Not exactly sure what it does. Maybe someone else can chime in and tell us.... I have just read to do this with this recovery. I believe it formats system though.

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I have TWRP recovery, and there is a system button under the delvic button. Not exactly sure what it does. Maybe someone else can chime in and tell us.... I have just read to do this with this recovery. I believe it formats system though.

When I use this method on the same rom it just updates everything and all my settings and layout stay the same when I reboot.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
When I use this method on the same rom it just updates everything and all my settings and layout stay the same when I reboot.

Oh Ok...yeah I'm running CWM....but something very funny I just realized. This whole time I thought I was running M2 when in actuality I was on the nightly for 10-10....I must've accidentally hit the wrong one and never realized haha....well I'm on M2 now....maybe I should check about phone more often

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Oh Ok...yeah I'm running CWM....but something very funny I just realized. This whole time I thought I was running M2 when in actuality I was on the nightly for 10-10....I must've accidentally hit the wrong one and never realized haha....well I'm on M2 now....maybe I should check about phone more often

Lol... I had read that 10 was essentially the same as M2 though. But, there is that piece of mind when you look in settings and see that it's version M2. :D

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Lol... I had read that 10 was essentially the same as M2 though. But, there is that piece of mind when you look in settings and see that it's version M2. :D

Yeah I'm sure they aren't anything too different being that they are only one day apart

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Did you switch kernals too, or are you still using lean kernel?

I switched back to cm10 kernel....I have yet to get any rom/kernel combo to produce solid battery life on a daily basis. One day I'll get 18 hours the next 15 and the day after not even 10 idk its weird.

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I switched back to cm10 kernel....I have yet to get any rom/kernel combo to produce solid battery life on a daily basis. One day I'll get 18 hours the next 15 and the day after not even 10 idk its weird.

Yeah I have the same experience. Sometimes good, sometimes not.

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Seems to do best when I have the screen brightness all the way down. Which I can get away with a lot because I work third shift. Sleep most of the day hours.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Seems to do best when I have the screen brightness all the way down. Which I can get away with a lot because I work third shift. Sleep most of the day hours.

I've had my brightness on as low as it goes since I purchased the phone. Even when it is half up it is so bright for me haha. I'll deal with the battery issues if I can have pure JB. A lot of people say what is the big deal about JB. I almost lose it lol I would never go back to ICS after being on this for 2 months, I don't think they understand the differences

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I've had my brightness on as low as it goes since I purchased the phone. Even when it is half up it is so bright for me haha. I'll deal with the battery issues if I can have pure JB. A lot of people say what is the big deal about JB. I almost lose it lol I would never go back to ICS after being on this for 2 months, I don't think they understand the differences

I totally agree with you. Love JB. One of my coworkers just bought this phone and I showed him mine and he was like (how),(what)...lol! Think I'm going to have to root it for him.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree with you. Love JB. One of my coworkers just bought this phone and I showed him mine and he was like (how),(what)...lol! Think I'm going to have to root it for him.

Haha yeah I don't even bother trying to explain ROMs etc to people lol lost cause