Unlocked Bootloader through Terminal Emulator: How can you check?

m.albertlee

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
By following Section 7 of [GUIDE][VZW GS3 Edition]How to root your VZW Galaxy SIII & More!(ROMs/CWM/Stock) - xda-developers

I have unlocked my bootloader.

I restarted as prompted but...

This may be a really dumb/noob question but...

How do you check if your Samsung Galaxy S3 really has an unlocked bootloader now?

I know in order for you to check if you're phone is rooted, all you do is go and download "Root Checker" app from appstore and it tells you but, I feel like there's no way of knowing where and how to check if you bootloader is unlocked...

Help is much appreciated and your understanding on my noobness too. :):

Reactions: davidnc

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Unlocked Bootloader through Terminal Emulator: How can you ch

So if you are already rooted and you want to just unlock the bootloader .
Is it just a 3 step process when going though Terminal Emulator?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Yes.. just finished this myself using Terminal... basically just pushes Adams aboot.img onto the device. His Casual program is badass though, has root, recovery, bootloader, and i believe a few other tools.

Reactions: davidnc

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Thanks Cyber, I dont have my S3 with me today but will flash that aboot.img tho TE later on. I have it on a removeable drive to transfer to my S3.

Also I downloaded the Casual program and saved on a removeable drive just to have it.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

This may be a really dumb/noob question but...

How do you check if your Samsung Galaxy S3 really has an unlocked bootloader now?

I know in order for you to check if you're phone is rooted, all you do is go and download "Root Checker" app from appstore and it tells you but, I feel like there's no way of knowing where and how to check if you bootloader is unlocked...

Help is much appreciated and your understanding on my noobness too. :):

So far I'm not seeing any clear way of knowing so....
1. If you pushed the aboot.img to the phone... then you're unlocked.
2. One way to confirm would be trying to flash a custom kernel.

InkedAdrenaline

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

If u pushed the. Img as prompted you are unlocked. You should be able to tell by the ultra fast reboot speed

Tapatalk'd / Galaxy SIII on Beans Rom now Unlocked.. F U VZW

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

I believe that is what Adam shows in the video. He has a custom Kernel installed and then presses start and it fails.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

I believe that is what Adam shows in the video. He has a custom Kernel installed and then presses start and it fails.

I'm curious as to which Sprint kernel he flashed. A couple people flashed the stock sprint kernel just for the heck of it with the bootloader unlocked and it passed and actually booted up and ran fine. According to Adam, his got stuck on boot?

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

I'm curious as to which Sprint kernel he flashed. A couple people flashed the stock sprint kernel just for the heck of it with the bootloader unlocked and it passed and actually booted up and ran fine. According to Adam, his got stuck on boot?

Hmmmmm.........I'm perplexed now. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I see the unlocking method on xda( link to it in the OP) has been changed in section 7 to using the app in the playstore now VZW GS3 EZ-Unlock(Bootloader).You might want to snag it up while its there and put in a safe place.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ure=more_from_developer#?t=W10&token=zKFnUwoI.
This may be the easiest way to get the bootloader relocked if you need to.Yes it has been updated to relock as well as unlock
On xda in that same guide if you do need to use it to relock its recommened to be on a stock Rom

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay