SGSIII ROMs Galore! The Flasher's Lounge.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
When I go into recovery (TWRP) I do wiping like this - factory reset, wipe cache, wipe davlik, wipe system and then flash.

I use the same process when clean flashing, but with CWM 6. I like that incremental backups take up less space with CWM 6.

Sent from my SGSIII

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I saw CleanRom 2.0 was out after I ate dinner.
Its installed just got to install my apps since I dont auto restore them.
I like how the Rom allows you to pick and choose what you want installed .
Now to finish getting it all set back like I like it :)

Reactions: NotJustAPhone

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I loaded up the 8/21 build of CM10. I also don't bother with auto-restoring my apps from the Store. I prefer to use TiBu for that and then restore my home screens using a Nova backup.

Sent from my SGSIII

cthr

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had a problem with cm10 telling them their 64 GB microsd card is damaged, but than put that card in another gs3 on stock and have no issue?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had a problem with cm10 telling them their 64 GB microsd card is damaged, but than put that card in another gs3 on stock and have no issue?

Is your SD card formatted as exFAT? While stock supports the exFAT file system, CM10 does not. The card needs to be formatted as FAT32 to work with CM10 (will also work with stock).

Copy all your files off the SD card and re-format and you'll be good to go. You may need to use a utility program on your computer to format the card as Windows will not format a 64 gig card with a FAT32 file system.

Edit: I used a program called GUIFormat to format my SD card.

Sent from my SGSIII

Last edited:
Reactions: cthr

cthr

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
It wouldn't let me transfer any info on the card to my computer or other phones... So I formatted it in another gs3. But it still says damaged in my cm10 phone... I'll have to try with a took on my computer. Thanks!

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It wouldn't let me transfer any info on the card to my computer or other phones... So I formatted it in another gs3. But it still says damaged in my cm10 phone... I'll have to try with a took on my computer. Thanks!

The SGSIII formats the card as exFAT. This is the program I used to format the card in Windows. I used the GUI version.

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm

Sent from my SGSIII

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If anyone else flashes CleanRom 2.0 .
I will be interested if you get tapatalk to work .Its the only issue I had otherwise all good.
I restored backup just to see if tapatalk would work it does.
Going back to CleanRom now since ,I dont think its anything I did wrong.But otherwise I did like the Rom

sent from my S3

Last edited:

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If anyone else flashes CleanRom 2.0 .
I will be interested if you get tapatalk to work .Its the only issue I had otherwise all good.
I restored backup just to see if tapatalk would work it does.
Going back to CleanRom now since ,I dont think its anything I did wrong.But otherwise I did like the Rom

sent from my S3

Its the tapatalk servers I believe because I am on CM10 and can't get it to load either.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it was working on my nexus too,and on stock rom of S3,although I do believe it does have some issues at times.Tapatalk that is not my nexus :p

cthr

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who helped! I got it formatted and working like a charm! You guys rock!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Well I have had the phone for 24 hours now and havent done anything to it yet. I dont have a back yet so I am waiting for that, then activate, then flash away.

With CM 10 is the camera working all the way.

CleanROMs are always nice to see, ran the with my Charge.

I am surprised there is no eclipse rom...

What are the things to watch out for while flashing? I saw that having a backup of imei number looks like a must....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty