[ROM] Official CM10 Nightlies on your GS3!

ups2525

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The fix for the screen flickering has been updated on the OP, potential fix for it.

I forgot to mention the fix for the screen flickering will "NOT" stick after a reboot, you have to go back in to the developer options and check Disable HW overlays again at each boot up.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I forgot to mention the fix for the screen flickering will "NOT" stick after a reboot, you have to go back in to the developer options and check Disable HW overlays again at each boot up.

I figured out that was what happened after I rebooted. Saw the flickering again and saw that the option was unchecked. I can deal with it.

Sent from my SGSIII

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

Is this a fix they are looking into including on future builds?

That exactly are HW overlays?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Under Settings>Display down on the bottom did you uncheck Vibrate on touch? Maybe that will help solve you problem. Not 100% on the stock launcher currently, running Nova but I can test it out if this doesn't work.

fshnrob

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if anybody has used the Camera in CM10 and how the picture quality is in comparison to the stock S3? I want to flash to CM10 but I use my camera all the time and don't want to lose any picture quality. Thanks for any info you can give.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anybody has used the Camera in CM10 and how the picture quality is in comparison to the stock S3? I want to flash to CM10 but I use my camera all the time and don't want to lose any picture quality. Thanks for any info you can give.

Actually used it to take pics last night and the quality was still there. You just don't get all the features that come with the GS3 stock camera software.

Sent from my JellyBeaned VZW GS3.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
question about updating everynight.
Do you HAVE to update every night, or can I wait a couple days in between updates?

You don't have too update every night. I know it gets a little crazy, I have seem some CM10 builds update 2 times in a day on my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
You'll end up nuts if you try to keep up with nightlies. Maybe once a week or if there's a major bugfix in the update changelog.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
You don't have too update every night. I know it gets a little crazy, I have seem some CM10 builds update 2 times in a day on my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7.

I try to keep up. But it does get a little nutty. I had a data flicker on the 822 build. So I reverted. I may wait a week or 2 til I flash again. Sure do miss the speed and performance. Not to mention how tiny the system is in terms of memory use. The download was 750mb for a touchwiz ROM and about 175 for cm10. I've got the 16gig s3 so I try to save as much as possible.

Fission Mailed from GalaxyS3

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I try to keep up. But it does get a little nutty. I had a data flicker on the 822 build. So I reverted. I may wait a week or 2 til I flash again. Sure do miss the speed and performance. Not to mention how tiny the system is in terms of memory use. The download was 750mb for a touchwiz ROM and about 175 for cm10. I've got the 16gig s3 so I try to save as much as possible.

I am currently back on CleanROM 2.0. Want to have a stable ROM for my vacation since I don't know what the WiFi situation is gonna be. Probably will end up flashing CM10 as soon as I get back. Why don't you just put the ROMs on your external SD card?

Reactions: sicario666

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I am currently back on CleanROM 2.0. Want to have a stable ROM for my vacation since I don't know what the WiFi situation is gonna be. Probably will end up flashing CM10 as soon as I get back. Why don't you just put the ROMs on your external SD card?

Screenshot_2012-08-23-09-46-35.png
I've already deleted apps and games that I don't use or play anymore. I can't figure out where the memory is going or where it is. :confused:

anon(473434)

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Click to view quoted image
I've already deleted apps and games that I don't use or play anymore. I can't figure out where the memory is going or where it is. :confused:

Are video and pictures you take going to the internal card instead of external (before the flash)
I noticed there isnt a way to change the save location once you have flashed CM10
Download the sandisk memory app, it will tell you what is where

Reactions: sicario666