Can I flash GSM roms on Verizon GS3?

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see any where on here if you can or not, I have never had a phone that was on both GSM and CDMA carriers and when I get the phone next week I don't feeling like paying for a $200 paper weight If you cant.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
you cant and stillhave it work with verizon. over on xda you will find instructions on how to make it gsm/world capable. NEVER flash a rom that is not specifically for you phone

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
That's like asking, "Can I play Xbox 360 games on my PS3?" lol ;)

In all seriousness, do not, by any means, ever try and flash a ROM developed for a different device. Bad news all around dude.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for everyones input as I said I've never owned a phone that was on cdma and gsm networks. I owned the Htc inspire and could flash roms from the desire HD just need a radio zip. So I won't flash any rom that doesn't say verizon in it I really need a phone as my back up tmobile blackberry curve 8310 just died and so did my laptop. It always seems ever thing dies at the same time. Right now I'm using an old sprint blackberry curve 8530 on an open wifi network at my house I'm not going to mess up this phone at all and buying an otter box after I get it and getting the warranty for the first time ever on a phone.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for everyones input as I said I've never owned a phone that was on cdma and gsm networks. I owned the Htc inspire and could flash roms from the desire HD just need a radio zip. So I won't flash any rom that doesn't say verizon in it I really need a phone as my back up tmobile blackberry curve 8310 just died and so did my laptop. It always seems ever thing dies at the same time. Right now I'm using an old sprint blackberry curve 8530 on an open wifi network at my house I'm not going to mess up this phone at all and buying an otter box after I get it and getting the warranty for the first time ever on a phone.

Wait until you get your hands on a decent laptop or PC before doing any modifications to your device. You should be able to find a list of compatible Verizon GS3 ROMs stickied on this board.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You can root with a laptop just as easily as a Desktop. Not pushing you, just letting you know.

We only have a desktop for homework around here and I do all my rooting on any of the laptops we have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo