Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Original Stock GS3 doesnt lock the bootloader???

Is it true that if I restored back to the original stock gs3 that shipped with the phone (VRALF2 4.0.4) that my bootloader is not locked? I heard this on xda developers "(This is the original firmware the gs3 shipped with on release date...it does not lock the bootloader)"

I just want to make sure I don't soft brick my phone when flashing a rom if I don't unlock my bootloader.

Default Re: Original Stock GS3 doesnt lock the bootloader???

I highly doubt it. The only version with an unlocked bootloader that I've heard of is the developer model. Can't imagine all the trouble that was had trying to unlock it if it originally shipped unlocked?

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy

Default Re: Original Stock GS3 doesnt lock the bootloader???

Quote Originally Posted by popkurn611 View Post
    Is it true that if I restored back to the original stock gs3 that shipped with the phone (VRALF2 4.0.4) that my bootloader is not locked? I heard this on xda developers "(This is the original firmware the gs3 shipped with on release date...it does not lock the bootloader)"

I just want to make sure I don't soft brick my phone when flashing a rom if I don't unlock my bootloader.
    If you revert to stock software your bootloader will not be locked. You have to do that separately.