Original Stock GS3 doesnt lock the bootloader???

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Is it true that if I restored back to the original stock gs3 that shipped with the phone (VRALF2 4.0.4) that my bootloader is not locked? I heard this on xda developers "(This is the original firmware the gs3 shipped with on release date...it does not lock the bootloader)"

I just want to make sure I don't soft brick my phone when flashing a rom if I don't unlock my bootloader.

chadderbox

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I highly doubt it. The only version with an unlocked bootloader that I've heard of is the developer model. Can't imagine all the trouble that was had trying to unlock it if it originally shipped unlocked?

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Is it true that if I restored back to the original stock gs3 that shipped with the phone (VRALF2 4.0.4) that my bootloader is not locked? I heard this on xda developers "(This is the original firmware the gs3 shipped with on release date...it does not lock the bootloader)"

I just want to make sure I don't soft brick my phone when flashing a rom if I don't unlock my bootloader.

If you revert to stock software your bootloader will not be locked. You have to do that separately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87