Bricked VZW Galaxy S3 - HELP!!!

gjschisler

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I have been a long time lurker on these forums and you guys are awesome. I come to you for help.

I attempted to root and install a JellyBean ROM onto my S3. Well you can guess what happened next. I have tried alot of different things to unbrick and return my phone to stock. I can view two seperate screens. One says "detected unauthorized software, visit VZW store soon." The other option that will come up will show the alien and underneath it says "Downloading...Dont turn off target!!" Also at the top of the page it says a few different things including in red "ODIN Mode".

Is my phone forever bricked??? How can I fix this? Or does it need to be sent off to be fixed???

Thank you everyone for your help!!!

Gilbert

truthfamilyfaith

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Do battery pull than Hold power button, home button and volume up when turning it on. This happened to me too and I thought I was screwed until I do this. I than restored from back up. Hopefully you have a back up. If it was bricked it wouldn't turn on at all. That also happened to me. Never heard of the Verizon screen but who knows I'm new here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

gjschisler

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. When I hold Volume Up, Home button, and Power button it brings me to the Downloading...Dont turn off Target screen.
Any ideas from that point?

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Yea. You will need to download the Odin software and follow the instructions on how to flash a stock ROM from a computer. Then you can try re-rooting and re-flashing. I had the same problem initially. That process worked great for me. I am now on cm10.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
And make sure the odin you download is 3.07. It's set up for our phones, and also make sure to hit the start button.

Ask me how I know this stuff.

But you CAN recover the phone. I had the exact same situation a few days ago and recovered mine... and am now a happy camper, rooted and running CM10 M2 Rom.

gjschisler

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I am close to fixing this but i keep getting stuck in Odin where it says "Setup Connection"...It cant seem to get past this

gjschisler

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to thank everyone for helping me out yesterday. I finally got it back to stock. I think i will pass on flashing ROMs for now. It was a lot easier and less complicated than my original Droid.