Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Unhappy HELP! My Verizon SHC-I535 won't boot and got System software not allowed after it was running

    Do I have a brick NOW?
    Installed OTA Jellybean update last week everything ok but I hated the verizon apps running in background so I tried my first custom ROM this morning and it ran fine for a few hours via this approach: [GUIDE] Root for Jelly Bean OTA ***UPDATED 12/25*** - xda-developers .

    I used ez-unlock and it said device was unlocked. Everything seemed fine for hours and multiple boots and then I got the "SYStem sofware not authorized by Verizon Wireless" etc. I can't even boot into clockwork mod recovery when I could before. I saw numerous instructions saying use Odin and recover with Verizon original STOCK ROM and boot up the phone and put it on it. THe problem is the phone won't Boot to allow me to put a STOCK ROM on the phone to attempt to recover. Does this mean these recovery attempts only work for a phone which won't boot that was running before the Verizon Jellybean update installed? This recover assumes windows will recognize the phone. It won't now cuz you have to boot it: [GUIDE] Restore Back to Clean Factory Stock UPDATE 10/23

    Any help appreciated.

    Thanks Anna
  2. #2  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: HELP! My Verizon SHC-I535 won't boot and got System software not allowed after it was running

    Quote Originally Posted by hoarybat61 View Post
    Do I have a brick NOW?
    Installed OTA Jellybean update last week everything ok but I hated the verizon apps running in background so I tried my first custom ROM this morning and it ran fine for a few hours via this approach: [GUIDE] Root for Jelly Bean OTA ***UPDATED 12/25*** - xda-developers .

    I used ez-unlock and it said device was unlocked. Everything seemed fine for hours and multiple boots and then I got the "SYStem sofware not authorized by Verizon Wireless" etc. I can't even boot into clockwork mod recovery when I could before. I saw numerous instructions saying use Odin and recover with Verizon original STOCK ROM and boot up the phone and put it on it. THe problem is the phone won't Boot to allow me to put a STOCK ROM on the phone to attempt to recover. Does this mean these recovery attempts only work for a phone which won't boot that was running before the Verizon Jellybean update installed? This recover assumes windows will recognize the phone. It won't now cuz you have to boot it: [GUIDE] Restore Back to Clean Factory Stock UPDATE 10/23

    Any help appreciated.

    Thanks Anna
    Your pc will recognize your phone in download mode.
    Volume up+home button, continue to hold and then press power and hold until you reach a screen that asks you to press volume up to continue. Press volume up. You will then be in download mode. Then plug in usb cord. Your will then see com port light up in the Odin application

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: HELP! My Verizon SHC-I535 won't boot and got System software not allowed after it was running

    Thank you for replying but unfortunately I tried that before in download mode where you see the green Classic Android guy and it says Downloading.....Do not turn off target!! and Windows saw it when I put the ROM on and used it but NOW after the Verizon message and plugging it into USB Windows no longer sees the device. I then tried my wifes laptop and downloaded the samsung drivers again for the phone as I did before got Odin ready but on her puter it too said drivers successfully installed but the phone won't appear there either. START>COMPUTER. I opened up Odin and there is a blue COM which says:ID:COM and then a blue thing below it which says: 0:[COM5] it lit up when I plugged the phone into the usb port while phone was in download mode. I then did the following with Odin in Download mode i PDA' as I did VRALEC.bootchain.tar.md5 and then tried to boot into recovery mode again but then Verizon warning came up again so I am not able to get into recovery mode. Also above in ODIN at top where it says Odin 3 it only has Model name the latter doesn't have the name of my device. Can I recover? Welcome your next suggestion. Thanks Anna...Happy Holidays!
  4. #4  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: HELP! My Verizon SHC-I535 won't boot and got System software not allowed after it was running

    The blue com port is correct so it sees the phone. You need to go over the steps in this thread


    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=1979796
    [GUIDE] Restore Back to Clean Factory Stock UPDATE 10/23

    If you can not do this let me know and I will screen share and do it for you
    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: HELP! My Verizon SHC-I535 won't boot and got System software not allowed after it was running

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    The blue com port is correct so it sees the phone. You need to go over the steps in this thread


    [GUIDE] Restore Back to Clean Factory Stock UPDATE 10/23 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    [GUIDE] Restore Back to Clean Factory Stock UPDATE 10/23

    If you can not do this let me know and I will screen share and do it for you
    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Hi I found this thread maybe similar to above and and wiped the phone clean with factory samsung install using Odin. Never knew Odin was so powerful. All set thanks so much: xda-developers - View Single Post - [GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to root your Galaxy S3 & More!(ROMs/CWM/Stock) The file a used was a pre-rooted stock samsung nice of this guy to do this Thanks again Anna! My best to you!

    [HOWTO] [ROOT] [ODIN] No Tripping Flash Counter - Root + [TWRP] - Updated 12.09.2012 - xda-developers
  6. #6  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: HELP! My Verizon SHC-I535 won't boot and got System software not allowed after it was running

    Quote Originally Posted by hoarybat61 View Post
    Hi I found this thread maybe similar to above and and wiped the phone clean with factory samsung install using Odin. Never knew Odin was so powerful. All set thanks so much: xda-developers - View Single Post - [GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to root your Galaxy S3 & More!(ROMs/CWM/Stock) The file a used was a pre-rooted stock samsung nice of this guy to do this Thanks again Anna! My best to you!

    [HOWTO] [ROOT] [ODIN] No Tripping Flash Counter - Root + [TWRP] - Updated 12.09.2012 - xda-developers
    Glad you are fixed have a good night

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  7. #7  

    Default Re: HELP! My Verizon SHC-I535 won't boot and got System software not allowed after it was running

    having same issue. Using Odin but after I hit start it has been sitting at NAND Write Start!! for over 30min. any suggestions?
  8. #8  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: HELP! My Verizon SHC-I535 won't boot and got System software not allowed after it was running

    Quote Originally Posted by cdbaab View Post
    having same issue. Using Odin but after I hit start it has been sitting at NAND Write Start!! for over 30min. any suggestions?
    After that long it probably won't write at this point. You are going to have to disconnect and find a different usb pet in the back of the computer. Also can you post a screenshot of the odin screen

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  9. #9  

    Default Re: HELP! My Verizon SHC-I535 won't boot and got System software not allowed after it was running

    cant do screen shot. changed usb port an still stuck at NAND Write Start!! This sucks
  10. #10  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: HELP! My Verizon SHC-I535 won't boot and got System software not allowed after it was running

    Quote Originally Posted by cdbaab View Post
    cant do screen shot. changed usb port an still stuck at NAND Write Start!! This sucks
    Above NAND are you seeing something like xyZzxyx

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  11. #11  

    Default Re: HELP! My Verizon SHC-I535 won't boot and got System software not allowed after it was running

    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> VRALEC.bootchain.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/013> Added!!
    <ID:0/013> Odin v.3 engine (ID:13)..
    <ID:0/013> File analysis..
    <ID:0/013> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/013> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/013> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/013> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/013> aboot.mbn
    <ID:0/013> NAND Write Start!!
  12. #12  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: HELP! My Verizon SHC-I535 won't boot and got System software not allowed after it was running

    Quote Originally Posted by cdbaab View Post
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> VRALEC.bootchain.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/013> Added!!
    <ID:0/013> Odin v.3 engine (ID:13)..
    <ID:0/013> File analysis..
    <ID:0/013> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/013> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/013> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/013> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/013> aboot.mbn
    <ID:0/013> NAND Write Start!!
    do you mind screen sharing with me?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  13. #13  

    Default Re: HELP! My Verizon SHC-I535 won't boot and got System software not allowed after it was running

    sure
  14. #14  

    Default Re: HELP! My Verizon SHC-I535 won't boot and got System software not allowed after it was running

    I need help, what does it cost to have you screen share and fix my phone? I can get it in download mode but every stock rom I download either fails in Odin or after reboot it says the software isn't authorized. Please help.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: HELP! My Verizon SHC-I535 won't boot and got System software not allowed after it was running

    Quote Originally Posted by nv11101 View Post
    every stock rom I download either fails in Odin or after reboot it says the software isn't authorized
    Have you used the 4.1.2 (MF1) firmware at http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ (after you enter your model number, of course)? I just flashed that several times using Odin v3.07 with no issues.

    I guess I should first ask, what firmware did you have on the phone?
    Was it stock or rooted?
    What did you do that required you to go back to stock un-rooted?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. My HTC One V won't boot completely after custom rom installation
    By fifamm96 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2012, 05:25 AM
  2. Phone won't boot and I need it bad for hurricane Isaac
    By QuincyP1994 in forum HTC Wildfire S
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 06:02 PM
  3. Help, my Nexus is stuck in a boot loop
    By JBMacGill in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-31-2012, 11:45 AM
  4. Help troubleshooting: LogicPD welcome screen, won't boot SD card
    By glanceup in forum Barnes & Noble Nook Color
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2011, 10:36 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 08:22 PM

Posting Permissions