VZW Share Everything Plans

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
http://solutions.vzwshop.com/shareeverything/pdf/verizon_share_everything_plan_details.pdf

Some Exciting Highlights:

Mobile Hotspot is included on all capable
devices. Connect your device and share
your data allowance with multiple Wi-Fi?
enabled devices.

Change your data allowance anytime
at My Verizon without extending your
contract.

Prices:
1GB - $50
2GB - $60
4GB - $70
6GB - $80
8GB - $90
10GB - $100
(Smartphones are 40bucks a month / device)

Seems like they are forcing unlimited Minutes/Text when they know that most of us use our phones for data. However the Mobile Hotspot is pretty enticing.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'd really love some of whatever the Verizon execs are smoking. The only plus to the whole thing is that mobile hotspot is now included. Looks like a comparable Share Everything plan would be at a minimum $30/month more than our current legacy alltel plan.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has really outdone itself here. Pretty incredible.

As a side note, I wish they'd just eliminate calling options. I never use it, don't want to pay for it, and if I need to call someone, Skype is on my phone.

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I can see this plan making sense for quite a few users, however I have a suspicion that it is really going to screw some customers over price-wise.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
This will make my family plan $30 cheaper, with unlimited minutes! And both my lines use only at most 1gb so the 4gb plan will be good! Wow screw unlimited

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Reactions: BostonBeats88

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
The only way this plan would benefit my wife and I, is if they run double the data promotions like they did on the tiered plans.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
This is the first thread where people seem happy about this lol.

Umm well long story short...this doesnt work for me. No more subsidized phones after the GS3 for me.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I'd really love some of whatever the Verizon execs are smoking. The only plus to the whole thing is that mobile hotspot is now included. Looks like a comparable Share Everything plan would be at a minimum $30/month more than our current legacy alltel plan.
They are smoking big fat doobies rolled in hundred dollar bills .... What are you smoking if you think that they did this for the consumer.

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
The new data plans seem to favor those with multiple devices and/or phones. For those with one one phone, it's a rip off. I currently pay $39.99 for phone and have unlimited data for 29.99. Luckily I pre-ordered my S3 and am locked in for unlimited, but if I didn't my plan would jump from $70 to $100 with only 1 gig data? I use less than 1 gb, but still, $30 increase for a low data user??

Reactions: Anonne

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The new data plans seem to favor those with multiple devices and/or phones. For those with one one phone, it's a rip off. I currently pay $39.99 for phone and have unlimited data for 29.99. Luckily I pre-ordered my S3 and am locked in for unlimited, but if I didn't my plan would jump from $70 to $100 with only 1 gig data? I use less than 1 gb, but still, $30 increase for a low data user??

It still doesn't make sense, even for people with multiple devices.
My account has 4 lines, three of which have data. We have the 700 minute+unlimited text.
80+30+30+30+10=180 for way more minutes than we use, unlimited texting, and unlimited data on those three lines that use it..

Two of the lines use 5-6gb a month, the other about 200mb. So we'd need the 100 dollar 10 gig plan. 40+40+40+30+100=250. My plan would cost 70 dollars a month more, for more service we don't use, and less data. No thanks. It might make sense if you hardly use your data, but even then, enjoy the unexpected overages when someone in your family figures out you can use netflix on your phone.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
It still doesn't make sense, even for people with multiple devices.
My account has 4 lines, three of which have data. We have the 700 minute+unlimited text.
80+30+30+30+10=180 for way more minutes than we use, unlimited texting, and unlimited data on those three lines that use it..

Two of the lines use 5-6gb a month, the other about 200mb. So we'd need the 100 dollar 10 gig plan. 40+40+40+30+100=250. My plan would cost 70 dollars a month more, for more service we don't use, and less data. No thanks. It might make sense if you hardly use your data, but even then, enjoy the unexpected overages when someone in your family figures out you can use netflix on your phone.

It really only benefits those who in the higher minute tiers. Even the AT&T CEO said people aren't using voice minutes as much and we may see data only plans in a couple years. Unlimited minutes/texts is just a way for Verizon to try to squeeze it's current customers until that time.

Last edited:

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Does data cost more to put out than voice and text ? .... Or are they just trying to capitilize on the fact that data is in demand?

mpower13

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Of course hotspot is now free with capped data. They want you to share data with everyone in town so you get smacked with over usage charges.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
So lets see a dozen vzw phone threads and guess that's means a dozen vzw share everything plans. Can't they just put these in thread? For some this be good but most these plans are horrible

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I think the customers who are going to get hit the hardest are those with family plans with low tier shared minutes plans and single line customers.

And of course, "excessive" data users. I suspect, based on the way the new data plans are structured, that VZW would prefer this set of customers migrate away to another carrier.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I think the customers who are going to get hit the hardest are those with family plans with low tier shared minutes plans and single line customers.

And of course, "excessive" data users. I suspect, based on the way the new data plans are structured, that VZW would prefer this set of customers migrate away to another carrier.

They dont want anyone to leave...they just want everyone to pay dearly to stay. And we "excessive users" will pay dearly...either through giving in and losing unlimited data or paying full price for our phones.

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
FYI to the Galaxy S3 pre-order folks, I just read this over at HowardForums from a member with over 800 posts, not just some troll:

I just got off the phone with Verizon, seeing if I could still order a Galaxy S3 and be able to keep my unlimited data plan. I was informed that any subsidized phone activated on the account after their share data plans go into effect (June 28th) will lose unlimited data. I asked what about all the people who preordered the SGS3 to safeguard their unlimited data (phones expected to ship July 1st), & was told they will lose it, since the phone can't be activated until 3 days after the share data plans go into effect.

That is how Verizon is getting a bunch of people off of unlimited data plans, and a particularly back door & s****y way to do it. So for anyone that has unlimited data & has preordered the Galaxy S3, you better call Verizon & find out for yourself if you need to cancel your order.

Reactions: BostonBeats88

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer