Best Buy Mobile/UPS employee/Verizon customer

socalcollins

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey what's up. Wanted to post this to answer any questions you may have about the S3 at Best Buy Mobile. I'm getting more info as the hours tick down till launch date. I myself pre-ordered a white 32gb & blue 16gb both on unlimited data.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey what's up. Wanted to post this to answer any questions you may have about the S3 at Best Buy Mobile. I'm getting more info as the hours tick down till launch date. I myself pre-ordered a white 32gb & blue 16gb both on unlimited data.

Will it be coming on the 28th? Can we keep unlimited?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

socalcollins

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Will it be coming on the 28th? Can we keep unlimited?

According to Verizon rep. we will be able to keep unlimited data as long as we agree to a new 2 year contract on that same line. If you pre order without signing up for a new 2 year contract before June 28th, you could lose unlimited data when you do upgrade. Only way around it is to pay full retail.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
According to Verizon rep. we will be able to keep unlimited data as long as we agree to a new 2 year contract on that same line. If you pre order without signing up for a new 2 year contract before June 28th, you could lose unlimited data when you do upgrade. Only way around it is to pay full retail.

So I guess unlimited is out for best buy pre orders.

socalcollins

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
So I guess unlimited is out for best buy pre orders.

As long as we agree to a new 2 yr contract we can keep that current plan. When you pre order through Best Buy Mobile you put $50 into a $50 Best Buy gift card which holds your place in line for the S3.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I was told that they won't match Verizon's retail price if I buy it from BB for full retail, is this true? I didn't see anything on the policy in there....

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So is best buys date still June 28th like what it says on the pre order papers?

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
So is best buys date still June 28th like what it says on the pre order papers?

Don't know if that date was ever valid considering Verizon was always saying 'Ship by July 9' in their pre-orders and in the press. Don't think we'll know until we receive our shipping notices!

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
"@androinica: Verizon Wireless online lowers the Samsung Galaxy Nexus price to $149 http://t.co/klBBguJL"

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

socalcollins

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Just to clear things up. I'm a Verizon customer, a future owner of a Galaxy S3 and an android fan. The info I give out is no different from the info the public is already allowed to know.

As of 6/18...
-no dummy version of the S3 in store
-pre orders are being taken for the S3
-if we activate the phone after 6/28 we will lose unlimited data unless that contract was already signed before 6/28
-Bbym will have both white and blue and 16 & 32gb
-bbym will price match

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Just to clear things up. I'm a Verizon customer, a future owner of a Galaxy S3 and an android fan. The info I give out is no different from the info the public is already allowed to know.

As of 6/18...
-no dummy version of the S3 in store
-pre orders are being taken for the S3
-if we activate the phone after 6/28 we will lose unlimited data unless that contract was already signed before 6/28
-Bbym will have both white and blue and 16 & 32gb
-bbym will price match

So is it still set to release on the 28th? Can we buy a phone like the gnex before the 28th then return it and get the s3 and keep unlimited?

socalcollins

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
So is it still set to release on the 28th? Can we buy a phone like the gnex before the 28th then return it and get the s3 and keep unlimited?

Yes and yes. You do have that right.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

Bsk8r999

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

Matt- yes it is coming to best buy on the 28. I just got back from best buy and they already discovered that little scheme to buy a phone to keep unlimited and then trade but they stopped allowing that. Also to clarify I talked to vzw CS supervisor today and she made it very clear that best buy preorders willNOT keep unlimited plan because there is no actual contract signed until you pick up the phone in store on the 28 which is the new plan rollout as I'm sure you all know. Hope this helps

Reactions: matt0715