Overnight - Worth a shot

fossill

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Just a heads up, we pre-ordered a blue and white 16gb, one each on the 6th and the 9th respectively. Both shipped out on Wednesday and said they would be delivered the 9th (this Monday).

We called in as I wasn't happy that I pre-ordered my phone over a month ago and I'd have to wait another weekend.

We escalated to a manager, the manager is drop shipping both phones overnight to us, we will have it tomorrow before the end of business.

The manager stated that we were supposed to have the originals sent overnight, (we did not select this option), one line was an upgrade, one was a new line for me coming from Sprint.

YMMV, but give it a try!?

Good luck! So excited!
M :cool:

fossill

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
As a follow up, they are actually intercepting the packages at Fedex, and having them sent overnight. It's called an ITTS ticket or something like this the lady told me.

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Ah, I so want to do this as I want this thing tomorrow, so I can play with it over the weekend. Problem is that no one will be home tomorrow......grrrrrr.

fossill

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I believe my fiance just called the customer service #.

@halfcraft - VZW has to submit it. We just called Fedex to verify, they said it would take a few hours to update in their system, but VZW did in fact submit the change, and it will be here tomorrow! Both of them!

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
can i call fedex and do this myself?

It will cost you a LOT more (if they even permit you to change the ship type, its doubtful) compared to Verizon who probably pays less than a dollar more to go from 2 day to overnight shipping (ah the goodness of fedex bulk shipping discounts)... If you get a Yes from fedex they will probably want $15-$20 from you.

thatfeel

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I just called in and complained that I wasn't going to receive it monday despite ordering it at 4am on June 6th.

After being put on hold for a few minutes I was told that my shipping was upgraded and should be here tomorrow.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
No luck for me either. I just hung up with Tamara and she told me that whenever they ship, they ship. She confirmed two things.... 1) They are using FedEx 2-day air and 2) the "Expected Ship Date" is the date when it's expected to leave the facility - which means I won't have any S3 love for another week! :'(

PS: I ordered on June 13th and have an expected ship date of July 9th

Trilliumknits

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
No luck for me. The phone guy called 2 different people and was told it was too late. Worth a shot though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Yep I was told once it ships nothing they can do I was put on hold a few times.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Let me get this straight- Verizon originally said "ships by July 9" when you ordered, and you called to complain that it's not arriving until the day it was originally supposed to ship, and Verizon is changing to overnight shipping for free? Wow, they roll over pretty easily.

Trilliumknits

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Let me get this straight- Verizon originally said "ships by July 9" when you ordered, and you called to complain that it's not arriving until the day it was originally supposed to ship, and Verizon is changing to overnight shipping for free? Wow, they roll over pretty easily.

When verizon is shipping out of order (date) and randomly handing out 1 & 2 day shipping with (seemingly) neither rhyme nor reason, it certainly doesn't hurt to ask for the one day shipping that others are getting automatically :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

rovercash

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I just tried calling Verizon to have them change the shipping and it seems like I called too late. The phone is at the airport in PA waiting to go out and the guy said if he changed out the shipping to overnight it could get delayed another day. The problem is that Verizon did set the phone as overnight shipping but someone must have put the wrong label on it so its getting two day shipping instead now. Guess I'll just wait until Monday. I did order on the first day and coming to Cali.

sirk0rebreg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
i just got off the phone with customer service and was told that there was nothing that could be done...wasn't going to go crazy and give anyone a hard time, so i will be waiting until monday i guess :(

soccerdude2014

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I just tried calling Verizon to have them change the shipping and it seems like I called too late. The phone is at the airport in PA waiting to go out and the guy said if he changed out the shipping to overnight it could get delayed another day. The problem is that Verizon did set the phone as overnight shipping but someone must have put the wrong label on it so its getting two day shipping instead now. Guess I'll just wait until Monday. I did order on the first day and coming to Cali.

How could someone put the wrong label!?