screen issues?

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I've gone through 4 G Nexus devices all with the same problem. I get temporary image retention. Some items last 10 or more seconds to disappear.

I know they said the S3 uses the same screen, but it was supposed to be refined.

As these devices are coming in, are there any issues with banding or ghosting?

Right now, I'm torn on ordering the Incredible or wait a week for the S3. I would rather stay about 4.3" if possible, but it isn't a deal breaker.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Click in my profile for a thread I started a few weeks ago about screen burn in.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
It uses the same screen as the GNex. Pixelation from the lentils screen will be more obvious than the GNex due to the larger size screen. The brightness level is lower than the Maxx, iPhone, one X and outdoor viewing in sunlight will not be that great. I was going to wait for the RAZR HD as well. But it will not have the large battery like the Maxx. So that is a deal breaker for me.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
It uses the same screen as the GNex. Pixelation from the lentils screen will be more obvious than the GNex due to the larger size screen. The brightness level is lower than the Maxx, iPhone, one X and outdoor viewing in sunlight will not be that great. I was going to wait for the RAZR HD as well. But it will not have the large battery like the Maxx. So that is a deal breaker for me.

The Atrix HD will have the smaller battery, i can almost guarantee the Razr HD will have 3300. The leaked shots showed a flat back, unlike the Atrix that looks like the originial Razr with the hump

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Screen is better than the nexus. The nexus at low brightness has a grainy look to it as well as some vertical banding. SG3 has none of that. May be the same technology but it is a definite improvement from the nexus.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

lynneddington

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I've gone through 4 G Nexus devices all with the same problem. I get temporary image retention. Some items last 10 or more seconds to disappear.

I know they said the S3 uses the same screen, but it was supposed to be refined.

As these devices are coming in, are there any issues with banding or ghosting?

Right now, I'm torn on ordering the Incredible or wait a week for the S3. I would rather stay about 4.3" if possible, but it isn't a deal breaker.

Its not the same screen as the nexus. Hd vs qhd

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2