Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    brandonx1000's Avatar
    rule the air.

    Posts
    831 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,189 Global Posts

    Default screen issues?

    I've gone through 4 G Nexus devices all with the same problem. I get temporary image retention. Some items last 10 or more seconds to disappear.

    I know they said the S3 uses the same screen, but it was supposed to be refined.

    As these devices are coming in, are there any issues with banding or ghosting?

    Right now, I'm torn on ordering the Incredible or wait a week for the S3. I would rather stay about 4.3" if possible, but it isn't a deal breaker.
  2. #2  
    TallyHo's Avatar
    Junkie

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy Nightlies

    Default Re: screen issues?

    I don't believe it uses the same screen as the GNex
  3. #3  
    Forgetful's Avatar
    Energy hoarder

    Posts
    1,463 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

    Default

    Click in my profile for a thread I started a few weeks ago about screen burn in.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    brandonx1000's Avatar
    rule the air.

    Posts
    831 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,189 Global Posts

    Default Re: screen issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful View Post
    Click in my profile for a thread I started a few weeks ago about screen burn in.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    ugh, sucks...the screen was my deciding factor

    i guess i'll rock an incredible 4g until the razr hd makes an appearance
  5. #5  

    Default Re: screen issues?

    It uses the same screen as the GNex. Pixelation from the lentils screen will be more obvious than the GNex due to the larger size screen. The brightness level is lower than the Maxx, iPhone, one X and outdoor viewing in sunlight will not be that great. I was going to wait for the RAZR HD as well. But it will not have the large battery like the Maxx. So that is a deal breaker for me.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    brandonx1000's Avatar
    rule the air.

    Posts
    831 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,189 Global Posts

    Default Re: screen issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by techgeek32 View Post
    It uses the same screen as the GNex. Pixelation from the lentils screen will be more obvious than the GNex due to the larger size screen. The brightness level is lower than the Maxx, iPhone, one X and outdoor viewing in sunlight will not be that great. I was going to wait for the RAZR HD as well. But it will not have the large battery like the Maxx. So that is a deal breaker for me.
    The Atrix HD will have the smaller battery, i can almost guarantee the Razr HD will have 3300. The leaked shots showed a flat back, unlike the Atrix that looks like the originial Razr with the hump
  7. #7  

    Default

    Screen is better than the nexus. The nexus at low brightness has a grainy look to it as well as some vertical banding. SG3 has none of that. May be the same technology but it is a definite improvement from the nexus.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  8. #8  

    Default Re: screen issues?

    I never had any "burn in" when I had a gnex so I assume the s3 will be as good if not better.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: screen issues?

    I looked at the TMO sg3 and it looked dim at full brightness.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brandonx1000 View Post
    I've gone through 4 G Nexus devices all with the same problem. I get temporary image retention. Some items last 10 or more seconds to disappear.

    I know they said the S3 uses the same screen, but it was supposed to be refined.

    As these devices are coming in, are there any issues with banding or ghosting?

    Right now, I'm torn on ordering the Incredible or wait a week for the S3. I would rather stay about 4.3" if possible, but it isn't a deal breaker.
    Its not the same screen as the nexus. Hd vs qhd

    Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    brandonx1000's Avatar
    rule the air.

    Posts
    831 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,189 Global Posts

    Default Re: screen issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by lynneddington View Post
    Its not the same screen as the nexus. Hd vs qhd

    Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
    the Nexus and S3 use the same HD Super Amoled screens...both pentile...the S3 is just larger

    same tech though...kinda sucks

Posting Permissions