Verizon says no unlimited data on 3g Dinc to SGIII

FreezingD

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I can tell you that I just finished battling verizon on this myself. It is not an easy battle, the CSR has to fight the system themselves to make this happen and it MUST NOT be common knowledge for them to know exactly how to get the system to accept it. After we had made the switch (keeping the original contract) I was told by the CSR that the root cause was coming from an OLD sim card to a new one. Don't know if this is true or not, I just know that I had to be very firm about the date of the order (the girl was trying to tell me that I ordered on 7/6. No, my dear, that was my ship date!)

Be calm. Be firm. Have your original order confirmation email handy. It is your contract they agreed to when the sale terms were originated.

I will re-check my account tomorrow online to verify that all is well.

monkeypunch35

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So I just spoke with someone who said that she would have to put in a request for a non-active plan to reinstate my unlimited data. She said that she could not change it on her end and that the request would have to go through several channels and could take as long as 5 days to sort out. Has anyone else had this issue? Should I be concerned? I ordered before the new plans took effect and was assured that I could keep the unlimited plan. :eek:

This is what they told me as well. I honestly don't trust them at this point, and felt "submitting a claim" is unacceptable for a problem they created. I told them it was unacceptable and it was not a request, but needed to be a guarantee. I went through 3 CSRs, all 3 of which went and spoke to a manager. The first two wouldn't budge, but on the third phone call, she said she could put the IMEI number in the system before activating and see if it would change from unlimited to the tiered. She said it did not, and we activated the phone, and unlimited stayed. I don't know if it did it automatically, or if she actually went into the system and did it for me. I have heard of people putting a claim in, and it working out fine for them, for what its worth.

jozzzdroid

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I went from a Droid X(3g) to the SIII and was able to keep my unlimited data with no problems. I pre-ordered on June 13. My original receipt, packing receipt, showed the unlimited data, and I just verified it is still in place on "My Verizon". I received my new phone earlier today and had no problems activating it and maintaining the unlimited data. You should be able to get it back if they somehow screwed up your account.

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks @monkeypunch35...I just got a call back from the CSR that I spoke to and she said that she was able to put it through and that it would be back on tonight. I just checked and it's back to unlimited...thank goodness! I appreciate her calling me back personally to let me know. She knew how concerned I was. I'll have to call and let the higher ups know. :)

malo1m

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
[Update]

I just called in again, and spoke to the rep and said, I was told I had unlimited but it is showing as 2gb. That seems to be the better wording, because she just changed both of our accounts to unlimited. So After many emails and calls I finally got my Unlimited back.

I did ask her how many calls has she received about this issue, and she said I was the second one, but that many people are just now activating their phone. She also said that to ask them to look on the history of the account and determine if they had Unlimited previously and they will honor it. She also said that upon initial set up that it throws you onto 2gb and they will fix the unlimited.

ImaDroidFan

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Received and activated my phone. It had the 2Gb plan in place and the supervisor I had been dealing with changed it to unlimited this morning. Sorry in the end patience did prevail. Thanks for all your comments and support. Good luck if you are going through this as well.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Glad they fixed it for you. I just got mine yesterday and activated it with out a hitch. Reading your post did make me worry though. Hope no one else has that much trouble.

Enjoy your new phone and unlimited data! :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

delo999

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Just received my SGSIII today. I upgraded from a 3G DINC.
No issues. Kept unlimited plan. Though I did upgrade online with Verizon on June 26th.
So far, so good. Beautiful phone.

dabaum

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from the Dinc to the Razr on June 27th to "save" my unlimited data at my local Best Buy. I have a 30 day return period and I just got off the phone with BB and put mine on hold to exchange tomorrow evening. I confirmed with VZW that I will keep my unlimited plan as my contract has solidified as of today. My Dinc has been a great phone, I'm glad to finally find a worthy successor.

shelby57

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
This is not NEW news. I had an old plan that they discontinued, just like the unlimited data one I now have. The computer programs that they use have been changed to automaticly require you to choose a new plan to activate a new phone Its really not the reps fault as the computer will not except an activation now with out you choosing a plan,no matter what info the rep tries to put in. This happened to me at Best buy and it took 3hours and many phone calls from best buy to verizon just to activate my new phone, on the old discontinued plan as I wasnt changing the plan just adding a phone to my current old plan. This will continue to happen every time verizon changes their plans and we have the old ones still under the old contracts. I feel bad for the reps as they cant really fix any thing. It takes a high up supervisor with special code for their computers to go in and physically do the changes. So please take it easy on the lower reps as its not truely their fault. Be persistant, they can do it, but only for so long. I cant wait lol for the future plans when talk and text will be through data from the towers instead of cell service. We will all be screwed no matter what. The hint to that is now you buy a (data) plan, add your phone for a price, and unlimited talk and text ability. as if who cares if you talk ot text or use data it will all be the same in the near future, you will need more GB of data for a higher price to keep using your smarter phones. Any way,I will continue to deal with verizon as long as the service remains great and as long as i can afford it. As for changing to sprint, for the true unlimited plan. Lmao will never deal with them, their really bad customer service and crappy cell service. I broke my contract early with them to switch to verizon 4 years ago and have not looked back. And was a sprint customer for 8 years. So believe me things could be worse than loosing unlimited data that we all knew would happen. So pleas go easy on the reps at least Verizon still tries to keep their customers some what happy
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

steelconqueror

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I just activated ours yesterday and our old plans with unlimited that we agreed to when we pre-ordered on 6/24 are still in effect. I was upgrading from a Droid X and she was coming from the 3g Incredible.

I was actually stunned at how well the whole process went for us. We've had issues with Verizon before but mainly with in-store sales reps. We did the entire preorder and activation online and everything was very smooth. There was one minor hiccup (credit card company denied the charge initally becasue they thought it was fraudulent) but that was straightened out with 2 quick phone calls and only took about 20 minutes to resolve.

I keep checking our plan in case they somehow try to srew us after the fact but so far so good. We were even able to keep our $5 a month unlimited text messaging plan in place after a store rep and an online chat rep told us we would have to change to a $10, 1000 message capped text plan.