The dreaded email from BIG red.

gwtiff54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my SG3 on June 20th. My shipping date was July 11th. Just got a email telling me my payment has not been taken yet. Now my expected shipping date has been pushed back till July 19th. Im pretty ticked off now. VZW told me they are on back order.

Galperins4

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I got the order on hold email and a similar new ship date of 7/19. The weird thing is that according to the email my order date is now 7/7 instead of 6/22 (with the same order #) when I preordered my 16gb blue s3. If they try and take away my unlimited data with this switched order date I'm just going to cancel my order..... Ugh!

thunderballs

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I got the same thing. I just got off the phone with them and they said in their system it still shows the original order date. Told her verizon sucks and hung up. in showed her

gwtiff54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
This really sucks. I can see everybody else going into the store getting there new shiney SG3and here I am waiting. Gosh it makes me mad.

Galperins4

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
so I just got off the phone with CS and I think VZ is having some credit card issues. The payment failed on 2 valid credit cards for me (including the one I have been auto-paying my account for the past 2 years with). The CS rep was able to bill the phone to my account which according to him was the first one he was ever able to do it that way.

Crossing my fingers as he said my shipment is in progress now.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I wonder what is up with all these credit card issues! I can't believe all these CC companies would not allow online purchases all of a sudden!

CarFan

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I wonder what is up with all these credit card issues! I can't believe all these CC companies would not allow online purchases all of a sudden!

Just got off the phone with BofA. They sent me an email about 'possible fraudulent activity'. I called immediately. Yep, it was big red charging my card for the S3. Luckily they went ahead and approved it. They just wanted me to confirm it was a legit charge. I asked them what set off the alarm bells. The representative told me it was flagged for 'unusual spending pattern'. That explanation seems kinda odd to me.

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I ordered on the 27th and my order now is sent for processing. Did I get lucky or can I still get this email you guys are getting?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with BofA. They sent me an email about 'possible fraudulent activity'. I called immediately. Yep, it was big red charging my card for the S3. Luckily they went ahead and approved it. They just wanted me to confirm it was a legit charge. I asked them what set off the alarm bells. The representative told me it was flagged for 'unusual spending pattern'. That explanation seems kinda odd to me.

What sets off the alarm is the manual entry of the card number without the card being physically present. This happens when they aren't using an approved web interface and/or aren't using the card security code. I had the same thing happen recently when, having survived a total of 60 years of life, I had whole foods cater a party and they manually ran the card after completion and delivery. They called me to tell me they were having trouble and while we were talking on my cell BOA called my house with "suspicious activity". i had one phone in one ear and the other in the other ear and approved the transaction. Verizon fulfillment must have a human sitting entering card numbers on orders as they come down the line.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a blue 16gb on the 27th and now I have a blank tracking number and it still says it will ship by the 11th. No email yet...

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
What sets off the alarm is the manual entry of the card number without the card being physically present. This happens when they aren't using an approved web interface and/or aren't using the card security code. I had the same thing happen recently when, having survived a total of 60 years of life, I had whole foods cater a party and they manually ran the card after completion and delivery. They called me to tell me they were having trouble and while we were talking on my cell BOA called my house with "suspicious activity". i had one phone in one ear and the other in the other ear and approved the transaction. Verizon fulfillment must have a human sitting entering card numbers on orders as they come down the line.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

While that could set off an alarm sometimes, there are other reasons. I recently bought my Samsung Laptop from the Microsoft Store from the Galleria mall near me. The sales person I was working with told me it was a chance that Debit/Credit card would be declined (BofA), as for some reason, a large order is flagged as potential fraud. She was right...and the card was swiped, not entered manually. I just gave her my actual credit card, (not my debit/credi) from Capital One, and it went through right away. I just went home then and sent a payment to my CC.

So, while it's frustrating, I could see this happening due to Credit Cards.

Kuro

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
While that could set off an alarm sometimes, there are other reasons. I recently bought my Samsung Laptop from the Microsoft Store from the Galleria mall near me. The sales person I was working with told me it was a chance that Debit/Credit card would be declined (BofA), as for some reason, a large order is flagged as potential fraud. She was right...and the card was swiped, not entered manually. I just gave her my actual credit card, (not my debit/credi) from Capital One, and it went through right away. I just went home then and sent a payment to my CC.

So, while it's frustrating, I could see this happening due to Credit Cards.

Some CC companies do look at actual spending patterns... and location of the purchase. I've had the bank call me over best buy purchases lower than normal simply because I was in another state. In the past, I've also had them call me when I went on a spending spree. Bank wasn't sure who was making a string of purchases all over town since I rarely made more than 1 purchase per month

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress