Here it is...how to turn off 4G!

shantheman#AC

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Yep...I'm stoked it only took a few days for someone to find a way.
I will say though...even with 4g on...battery life was much better than I expected. It shows how good the S4 chip with LTE baked in really is at power efficiency.

Bad_SNaCKY

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
anyone know how much battery is actually drained because of LTE? or the opposite, which would be how much more usage did you get or how much more battery life you gained fro only being on 3G?

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
anyone know how much battery is actually drained because of LTE? or the opposite, which would be how much more usage did you get or how much more battery life you gained fro only being on 3G?

I guess the best way would be to find out and see in person. I'll try both 4g and 3g and see the difference with similar use over the next week

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Yep...I'm stoked it only took a few days for someone to find a way.
I will say though...even with 4g on...battery life was much better than I expected. It shows how good the S4 chip with LTE baked in really is at power efficiency.

Contrary to what many think, LTE is not baked into the chip. The LTE radio is separate and apart from the S4. It's clearly in the specs from Qualcom. This has been misreported in blog after blog. It's the LTE modem that's baked in, not the entire radio.

Bad_SNaCKY

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I guess the best way would be to find out and see in person. I'll try both 4g and 3g and see the difference with similar use over the next week

That's what i'm doing; before this thread -- it's always been searching for 4G. I only get 3G at home and work while i'll go in and out of 4G when traveling.

Kench33

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Do you think this works? I switched to 4G and got a connection right away. When I switched to 3g it took maybe 20 seconds

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Dropped 4G again here at work so I switched to 3G. Not a single dropped connection since on 3G. Definitely slower. But I'll take slow and stable over fast and spotty. And 3G is plenty fast for Web surfing and such.

Droidbeyond

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
definitely works....

while at work, i normally have better 3G than 4G, switched to 3G to save some power....had some trouble getting 4G connection back after switching (again while at work)... had to reset the phone to get 4G connection again.

back at home where i get 4G and 3G coverage just fine, i was seamless switching back and forth...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you think this works? I switched to 4G and got a connection right away. When I switched to 3g it took maybe 20 seconds

Normal, the switch from 4g to 3g takes a little time.

JB01

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
This app seems to have a option to choose GSM/CDMA (auto PRL). Do you think this means you would be able to use an international SIM card in it. Would be great is someone who has one to test this! thanks!

GallantWhiteKnight

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Such bs this problem.
Phone Info no long has the ability to switch to 3g.
I am super pissed because my phone was always on the 3g setting, but after a recent automatic update it switched to 4g.

I realize this is an old thread,
But I am desperate for a solution
???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699