Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default App to SD Not Supported?

    I have App to SD Pro. It cannot see the SD card. "The device does not have a real primary external storage, or the primary external storage is emulated."
    It's the same 32 GB SanDisk I used in my S2. I formatted it, transferred my music & photos to it, and the S3 sees them fine. App Monster also won't backup to the SD card. Is this device taking a step backwards, or am I missing something?
    Never motivate an id10t because after that you will have a motivated id10t. See troll...
  2. #2  
    JayGoat's Avatar

    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

    Default

    No you can't send apps to the SD card anymore. I don't think there is a workaround either.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  3. #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JayGoat View Post
    No you can't send apps to the SD card anymore. I don't think there is a workaround either.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Does anyone know why this is?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  

    Default Re: App to SD Not Supported?

    From Apps to SD Pro's details page:
    ***
    Galaxy S3 is not supported:
    * Galaxy S3 configures the SD card as a secondary external storage. This is configured by Samsung. Nothing developers can do about this. Please contact Samsung for details.
    ***
    It's not as bad as it sounds though - unlike last year's run of Gingerbread phones and back, you can use the entire 16 or 32 gigs of built-in storage for apps, vs the 500MB or less that used to be provided.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: App to SD Not Supported?

    Quote Originally Posted by truk999 View Post
    From Apps to SD Pro's details page:
    ***
    Galaxy S3 is not supported:
    * Galaxy S3 configures the SD card as a secondary external storage. This is configured by Samsung. Nothing developers can do about this. Please contact Samsung for details.
    ***
    It's not as bad as it sounds though - unlike last year's run of Gingerbread phones and back, you can use the entire 16 or 32 gigs of built-in storage for apps, vs the 500MB or less that used to be provided.
    Total bummer. I would have gone the 32GB route if I had known.
    Never motivate an id10t because after that you will have a motivated id10t. See troll...
  6. #6  
    klinger1's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

    Default Re: App to SD Not Supported?

    What is the extra SD card slot good for??
  7. #7  

    Default

    The SD is great for photos and media files.

    I suppose if you love those 500mb Gameloft games, having 16gb should be plenty enough since your media files can be stored on a micro SD card.

    Can anyone with a 32gb model confirm whether the memory is a unified 32gb space or two separate SD partitions?
  8. #8  
    jcrim13's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

    Default Re: App to SD Not Supported?

    I have a 32gb version and it does appear to be a single partition.
  9. #9  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default

    Root and install link2sd

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
  10. #10  

    Default Re: App to SD Not Supported?

    Galaxy S4 doesn't allow moving apps to SD card either & it can be a 64GB card so what's the point? My 32GB SD card has around 8000 MP3 tracks taking up about 29GB so to utilise 64GB I need to find another 10K of tracks!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: App to SD Not Supported?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Balser View Post
    Galaxy S4 doesn't allow moving apps to SD card either & it can be a 64GB card so what's the point? My 32GB SD card has around 8000 MP3 tracks taking up about 29GB so to utilise 64GB I need to find another 10K of tracks!
    You can also point your camera to save to the External SD, Photos and Videos. Most Manufactures are moving away from External SD cards, just be thankful the the S3/4 still uses them.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

    If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button


    Unused Ram is Wasted Ram
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  
    redcat22's Avatar

    Posts
    250 Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.1.2

    Default Re: App to SD Not Supported?

    Why are there 2 folders on the SD card? (sdcard0 and extSdCard)
  13. #13  

    Default Re: App to SD Not Supported?

    It isn't Samsung doing this. This is how Jelly bean works. It's Google doing this.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  14. #14  

    Default Re: App to SD Not Supported?

    Put your MP3 files on it,I've about 8,000 taking up 29GB
  15. #15  

    Default Re: App to SD Not Supported?

    Quote Originally Posted by GTWalling View Post
    You can also point your camera to save to the External SD, Photos and Videos. Most Manufactures are moving away from External SD cards, just be thankful the the S3/4 still uses them.
    Found a command deep in a menu to save to card,that was the good news,bad news cannot find it again!
  16. #16  
    redcat22's Avatar

    Posts
    250 Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.1.2

    Default Re: App to SD Not Supported?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Balser View Post
    Found a command deep in a menu to save to card,that was the good news,bad news cannot find it again!
    Open camera app > settings > (scroll down) Storage > SD card/Phone
  17. #17  

    Default Re: App to SD Not Supported?

    I see now,that's the option where to store pics,thanks
  18. #18  

    Default Re: App to SD Not Supported?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Balser View Post
    Galaxy S4 doesn't allow moving apps to SD card either & it can be a 64GB card so what's the point? My 32GB SD card has around 8000 MP3 tracks taking up about 29GB so to utilise 64GB I need to find another 10K of tracks!
    Seems there's a update on its way to allow apps to be moved to the SD card,has only been made available in Germany at present
  19. #19  

    Default Re: App to SD Not Supported?

    what about this?

Posting Permissions

B