App to SD Not Supported?

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I have App to SD Pro. It cannot see the SD card. "The device does not have a real primary external storage, or the primary external storage is emulated."
It's the same 32 GB SanDisk I used in my S2. I formatted it, transferred my music & photos to it, and the S3 sees them fine. App Monster also won't backup to the SD card. Is this device taking a step backwards, or am I missing something?

anon(77329)

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
No you can't send apps to the SD card anymore. I don't think there is a workaround either.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

truk999

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
From Apps to SD Pro's details page:
Galaxy S3 is not supported:
* Galaxy S3 configures the SD card as a secondary external storage. This is configured by Samsung. Nothing developers can do about this. Please contact Samsung for details.
It's not as bad as it sounds though - unlike last year's run of Gingerbread phones and back, you can use the entire 16 or 32 gigs of built-in storage for apps, vs the 500MB or less that used to be provided.

Reactions: scaryhumor

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
From Apps to SD Pro's details page:
Galaxy S3 is not supported:
* Galaxy S3 configures the SD card as a secondary external storage. This is configured by Samsung. Nothing developers can do about this. Please contact Samsung for details.
It's not as bad as it sounds though - unlike last year's run of Gingerbread phones and back, you can use the entire 16 or 32 gigs of built-in storage for apps, vs the 500MB or less that used to be provided.

Total bummer. I would have gone the 32GB route if I had known.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The SD is great for photos and media files.

I suppose if you love those 500mb Gameloft games, having 16gb should be plenty enough since your media files can be stored on a micro SD card.

Can anyone with a 32gb model confirm whether the memory is a unified 32gb space or two separate SD partitions?

Bob Balser

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy S4 doesn't allow moving apps to SD card either & it can be a 64GB card so what's the point? My 32GB SD card has around 8000 MP3 tracks taking up about 29GB so to utilise 64GB I need to find another 10K of tracks!

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy S4 doesn't allow moving apps to SD card either & it can be a 64GB card so what's the point? My 32GB SD card has around 8000 MP3 tracks taking up about 29GB so to utilise 64GB I need to find another 10K of tracks!
You can also point your camera to save to the External SD, Photos and Videos. Most Manufactures are moving away from External SD cards, just be thankful the the S3/4 still uses them.

Bob Balser

May 17, 2013
Visit site
You can also point your camera to save to the External SD, Photos and Videos. Most Manufactures are moving away from External SD cards, just be thankful the the S3/4 still uses them.

Found a command deep in a menu to save to card,that was the good news,bad news cannot find it again!

Bob Balser

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Seems there's a update on its way to allow apps to be moved to the SD card,has only been made available in Germany at present

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress