1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default App to SD Not Supported?

I have App to SD Pro. It cannot see the SD card. "The device does not have a real primary external storage, or the primary external storage is emulated."
    It's the same 32 GB SanDisk I used in my S2. I formatted it, transferred my music & photos to it, and the S3 sees them fine. App Monster also won't backup to the SD card. Is this device taking a step backwards, or am I missing something?
    Never motivate an id10t because after that you will have a motivated id10t. See troll...

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

No you can't send apps to the SD card anymore. I don't think there is a workaround either.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by JayGoat View Post
    No you can't send apps to the SD card anymore. I don't think there is a workaround either.

Does anyone know why this is?

Default Re: App to SD Not Supported?

From Apps to SD Pro's details page:
    Galaxy S3 is not supported:
    * Galaxy S3 configures the SD card as a secondary external storage. This is configured by Samsung. Nothing developers can do about this. Please contact Samsung for details.
    It's not as bad as it sounds though - unlike last year's run of Gingerbread phones and back, you can use the entire 16 or 32 gigs of built-in storage for apps, vs the 500MB or less that used to be provided.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by truk999 View Post
    From Apps to SD Pro's details page:
    Galaxy S3 is not supported:
    * Galaxy S3 configures the SD card as a secondary external storage. This is configured by Samsung. Nothing developers can do about this. Please contact Samsung for details.
    It's not as bad as it sounds though - unlike last year's run of Gingerbread phones and back, you can use the entire 16 or 32 gigs of built-in storage for apps, vs the 500MB or less that used to be provided.
    Total bummer. I would have gone the 32GB route if I had known.
    Never motivate an id10t because after that you will have a motivated id10t. See troll...

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

What is the extra SD card slot good for??

The SD is great for photos and media files.

I suppose if you love those 500mb Gameloft games, having 16gb should be plenty enough since your media files can be stored on a micro SD card.

Can anyone with a 32gb model confirm whether the memory is a unified 32gb space or two separate SD partitions?

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I have a 32gb version and it does appear to be a single partition.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Root and install link2sd

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Galaxy S4 doesn't allow moving apps to SD card either & it can be a 64GB card so what's the point? My 32GB SD card has around 8000 MP3 tracks taking up about 29GB so to utilise 64GB I need to find another 10K of tracks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Balser View Post
    Galaxy S4 doesn't allow moving apps to SD card either & it can be a 64GB card so what's the point? My 32GB SD card has around 8000 MP3 tracks taking up about 29GB so to utilise 64GB I need to find another 10K of tracks!
    You can also point your camera to save to the External SD, Photos and Videos. Most Manufactures are moving away from External SD cards, just be thankful the the S3/4 still uses them.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram
    Thanked by:

ROM
    stock 4.1.2

Why are there 2 folders on the SD card? (sdcard0 and extSdCard)

It isn't Samsung doing this. This is how Jelly bean works. It's Google doing this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Put your MP3 files on it,I've about 8,000 taking up 29GB

Quote Originally Posted by GTWalling View Post
    You can also point your camera to save to the External SD, Photos and Videos. Most Manufactures are moving away from External SD cards, just be thankful the the S3/4 still uses them.
    Found a command deep in a menu to save to card,that was the good news,bad news cannot find it again!

ROM
    stock 4.1.2

Found a command deep in a menu to save to card,that was the good news,bad news cannot find it again!
    Open camera app > settings > (scroll down) Storage > SD card/Phone

I see now,that's the option where to store pics,thanks

Seems there's a update on its way to allow apps to be moved to the SD card,has only been made available in Germany at present

what about this?